Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ZUP boards

hethj7

Just wanted to mention how great our ZUP board has been if anyone is in the fence about getting one. It was a HUGE hit at Wake the World, a big hit with our own kids, and we even got the grandparents out on it.  It is a great way to get people behind the boat without breaking out a tube!

• Like 2

Our youngest has really enjoyed the ZUP too, and it was a great way to get him off the tube and onto a board. However, my wife has now banned it from the boat since it tends to submarine when we stop a run if the rider doesn't have their weight far enough back. I could see exactly what caused it the first time and then we've been careful to instruct each kid on what to watch for after that, but unfortunately two kids from other families have been clocked hard enough when it resurfaced that it pretty much ended the day each time. My kids have never had any issues with it doing this and love kneeling, standing or sitting on it backwards but unfortunately it's for sale now.

We haven't seen that issue yet but will keep an eye on it.  We have the basic beginner style - not sure if it is more or less prone to that than the "do more" version. 

• 11 months later...
On 8/7/2016 at 3:13 PM, NWBU said:

Our youngest has really enjoyed the ZUP too, and it was a great way to get him off the tube and onto a board. However, my wife has now banned it from the boat since it tends to submarine when we stop a run if the rider doesn't have their weight far enough back. I could see exactly what caused it the first time and then we've been careful to instruct each kid on what to watch for after that, but unfortunately two kids from other families have been clocked hard enough when it resurfaced that it pretty much ended the day each time. My kids have never had any issues with it doing this and love kneeling, standing or sitting on it backwards but unfortunately it's for sale now.

Sorry to raise a thread from the dead...

Just a quick note that the new model doesn't do this. I have the version 2 in plastic. Were you using their handle or your own? Also I was mostly chopping the throttle since I wasn't weighted (stops faster) the rope would go slack and the thing would just slide along. I might have a kid scoot forward to try to porpoise it.

Sometimes the kids play outside the wake and coming in they flip the board. This causes it to go under but it stays on the handle and doesn't surface anywhere near the kids. This board was a big hit this weekend..

If you attend a Wake the World event you get a 30% discount on their site.

https://zup.com/collections/all/products/you-got-this-2-0-zup-board

YGT_2.0_top_bottom_view_1024x1024.jpg?v=

• Like 2
On 7/25/2017 at 11:23 AM, 95echelon said:

If you attend a Wake the World event you get a 30% discount on their site.

Plus FREE SHIPPING!