Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Deep Creek Lake...Here we come!!

spinxt

The wify and I are packing up the bu' and heading out to Deep Creek Lake in Maryland this Wednesday morning. We're stoked...I grew up on this lake as a kid, and this will be the first time I've been back since getting the 'bu. At any rate here's a llist of "just in case" items that I'm taking along (post any others I've forgotten):

-spare OJ XMP prop (and puller)

-serpentine belt

-water pump impeller

-spare tire for trailer

-tool kit (sockets, screwdrivers, hammer, etc)

-tire gauge

-spare trailer lights

looks like you'll just need a spotlight to see where you're going in the dark because that may just be the only time you'll see smooth water. i should preface my reply by saying i haven't been there in quite some time but i know a lot of people who both go down there and live there. they all say the same thing, it's crowded. they've had a real estate boom going for the last decade or so. if you get frustrated you can always go about a half hour north up route 40 to the yough reservoir. good luck though and have a blast.

Ya, there has been a real-estate boom there. It's actually pretty sad. The only thing we have going for us is the fact that we'll get in three good weekdays of skiing/boarding before the real crowd gets there on Friday night. I'm prepared to get up at 6am to find some nice smooth water........perhaps I should get the Malibu "docking lights" and add them to my RLX :lol:

looks like you'll just need a spotlight to see where you're going in the dark because that may just be the only time you'll see smooth water. i should preface my reply by saying i haven't been there in quite some time but i know a lot of people who both go down there and live there. they all say the same thing, it's crowded. they've had a real estate boom going for the last decade or so. if you get frustrated you can always go about a half hour north up route 40 to the yough reservoir. good luck though and have a blast.

Swaugie, Where the hell you been?

I think its like $10 to launch a boat at Deep Creek now.

Hopefully you will have a couple good days.

We always use the motto on by 8 or your late.. If your going to the Yough on a weekend.

Now the rivers are a different story. I was still enjoying glass on the river Sunday at 11:30am

Ken

Go down to lake anna. I"ve been suprised recently at how few boats are out there. we were there monday and tuesday of last week and we were the only boat on our section of the lake. Got up at 9, skiied until 1, went inside and watched a movie, went back out at 4, skiied until 9..... beautiful.... wait.. don't go, don't ruin the water for me :)

I"ve been suprised recently at how few boats are out there.
At $3.xx + per gallon for 93 octane, I think many are cutting back time on their boats. Fortunately, gas in Gettysburg, PA where we ski on a smaller, private lake, is anywhere from $.20 to $.30 per gallon cheaper than it is here in Mount Airy, so that helps.