Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

$79,995 - The Official 2017 21VLX Thread

NWBU

22 hours ago, 808jaymakoa said:

Awesome. Thanks for the info. 

When in the year does Malibu normally release their new lineup? I would think it should be any day. No website change or practically no information other than the “2019 Malibu Changes” thread on this forum. 

July 1st is the beginning of the new model year for every boat manufacturer I know.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if this is carried over to 2019. I know there were some options removed for 18 to keep the price. Did it lose anything else for 19? Anyone have a build sheet for an 18/19? I found one for a 17 and could make out about 80% of it.

I ordered a 2017 last year. SeaDek, metallic flake, and black hull were available no extra charge. I had to pay to have DeckTrack added even though the pic on the web site has it. 

A co worker told me it now includes surfpipe but the website doesn’t show that.

21 hours ago, Roachie said:

I ordered a 2017 last year. SeaDek, metallic flake, and black hull were available no extra charge. I had to pay to have DeckTrack added even though the pic on the web site has it. 

A co worker told me it now includes surfpipe but the website doesn’t show that.

That is because the PW3 comes standard with it.

Guessing the price definitely has gone up if it has the PW3 and surf pipe. Went and looked at a used 18 at the local dealer. Colors were not what i was looking for, and the initial number was 80k which seemed high. I would really like to get a 19 just for the new seat. I guess it will all come down to what i can get for the current boat vs what the VLX or maybe MLX will cost

ahopkins22LSV

Since I originally had a 2018 in order and we pushed it back to 2019 I had build sheets from both, PWIII is $300 more then PWII. I didn’t have surf pipe spec’d On my 18 so can’t compare the two but that’s a very minimal increase for the changes they made the the wedge. 

10 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Since I originally had a 2018 in order and we pushed it back to 2019 I had build sheets from both, PWIII is $300 more then PWII. I didn’t have surf pipe spec’d On my 18 so can’t compare the two but that’s a very minimal increase for the changes they made the the wedge. 

Are you still able to get the 80k price on the 19? Or do you have to sacrifice too much to stay there. Reading through this thread someone said that PnP went away in 18 for the 80k price which is something that i am not willing to lose.

ahopkins22LSV
13 minutes ago, Brantb said:

Are you still able to get the 80k price on the 19? Or do you have to sacrifice too much to stay there. Reading through this thread someone said that PnP went away in 18 for the 80k price which is something that i am not willing to lose.

No clue. We ordered a VTX. I’d suggest contacting your local/closest dealer to see what the package(s) are for 2019

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone paying less then MSRP on the 21 VLX? Everything I’ve read is you can expect anywhere from 15-30% MSRP on other models depending on time of year, inventory, etc...but I haven’t heard anyone getting these for less.  Anyone get one for less than the MSRP?  

17 minutes ago, Cazan said:

Is anyone paying less then MSRP on the 21 VLX? Everything I’ve read is you can expect anywhere from 15-30% MSRP on other models depending on time of year, inventory, etc...but I haven’t heard anyone getting these for less.  Anyone get one for less than the MSRP?  

MSRP is much higher than 79,999. That is the promo price and usually people end up paying a little more because they add stuff to the boat. May be able to score a leftover if you can find one a little cheaper but it won't be 15-30%

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Cazan said:

When I bought my 17 21 VLX I had a couple dealers tell me they couldn’t come down any more than the original price they told me because this boat has a nationally advertised price.  That price was over 80k a year ago. I was able to find a couple of dealers willing to come down in price. I ended up paying 78,500. However like @robbennett said most people start adding. Since I bought mine I have added lights and possibly looking to add a couple things in the off season. Mine came with 550 pnp bags in the rear as well as Seadek/Gator Grip.

Edited by Hemmy
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Cazan said:

As others said, the "MSRP" of the 21 VLX is not $79,999.  My 2017 VLX had a MSRP of $117,656(with trailer and everything).  Who knows where they come up with those MSRPs?  #fakenews

You can probably get a couple thousand of movement at some dealers if the timing is right or they are not moving one for whatever reason, but don't expect much.  If your dealer moves these things like mine, there is not much wiggle room off that advertised price.  They know somebody else will come in and pay it very soon after you walk out(at least that was the case in 2017).

• 4 weeks later...

Priced a 2019 VLX at my dealer this weekend, heater, sub and PnP plumbing are now optional. The base price appears to be up a bit a as well and the final discount is yet to be determined, but it won't be 79k.

The boat I spec'd had an MSRP of $122,520.00 without freight and dealer prep. Options I selected to get to that price were:

High Altitude Prop $275.00

Heater $758.00

Subwoofer $958.00

PnP Plumbing $833.00

Soft Grip option for seat walls $353.00 (this is a new option for noise reduction)

Spare Tire $543.00

SS Ratchet Straps $178.00

Transom Step $322.00

That's $4220 in options bringing the base MSRP down to $118,300

There are no flake or gel upgrades

There is a post in this thread where AWS had a blue/black 17 VLX with a MSRP of 120,208 and they had it priced at 79,995. Based on that if they could hold the boat you spec'd out at 82,300 that wouldnt be bad at all.

The dealer came back at $85,818 which include their $3400 in Freight and prep, so your estimate is within $100. Looking at a used one right now as well as a leftover 2017 22 VLX. No hurry here, our season is already over and I still have my '06 VLX to use if nothing comes up. 

On 9/25/2018 at 10:12 AM, achimbos said:

Soft Grip option for seat walls $353.00 (this is a new option for noise reduction)

This is not a new option. I had this on my 2017 21vlx.  

I have to say for it to only go up 1000 each year over two years is pretty dang good. If you read up in the MBUU thread, on of the last posts is that Malibu’s profit margin has remained the same for almost the last decade. It’s not like they are raising prices to make more money each year. They are raising prices to make the same. For 81.9 the 21VLX is still an awesome deal. It’s is one heck of a boat for that!

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

I have to say for it to only go up 1000 each year over two years is pretty dang good. If you read up in the MBUU thread, on of the last posts is that Malibu’s profit margin has remained the same for almost the last decade. It’s not like they are raising prices to make more money each year. They are raising prices to make the same. For 81.9 the 21VLX is still an awesome deal. It’s is one heck of a boat for that!

I don't know if the price has gone up that much at all on the 21 VLX.  I looked at a couple different places when I bought mine and two of the places I looked at where around the 82k mark.  Malibu always said you can get one well equipped for $79,995 but what did well equipped mean?  Probably no pnp's added to that.  If you add pnp and maybe soft grip flooring you are probably in that 81,900 range.  When I was looking I only saw 1 boat that was listed below 80k everything else was well above the 79,995 mark.  That was also at the end of the 2017 season.  If you are seeing them for 81,900, that seems to be what they were going for when I bought my 2017 so not really too much of an increase.

30 minutes ago, Hemmy said:

I don't know if the price has gone up that much at all on the 21 VLX.  I looked at a couple different places when I bought mine and two of the places I looked at where around the 82k mark.  Malibu always said you can get one well equipped for $79,995 but what did well equipped mean?  Probably no pnp's added to that.  If you add pnp and maybe soft grip flooring you are probably in that 81,900 range.  When I was looking I only saw 1 boat that was listed below 80k everything else was well above the 79,995 mark.  That was also at the end of the 2017 season.  If you are seeing them for 81,900, that seems to be what they were going for when I bought my 2017 so not really too much of an increase.

Could be very true but the one listed above is a heck of a boat for the price. If it’s only 2k more for pnp, soft grip flooring and tower speakers it’s a no brainer.