Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Shiny new stereo system

BWS22

I decided to replace the stereo in my 06 23 LSV because the speakers were pretty much shot and I HATED the receiver in the arm rest.  I settled on an Exile system over Wetsounds largely because my wife liked the way their speakers looked compared to WS (happy wife happy life).  I had the work done at Pure Audio in Fairfeild and Dennis and his guys do great work.  I also had them install an onboard charger and the Blue Seas switch.  Thought others might be interested a pic of where we were able to mount the JL Media Master because I didn't see any install photos anywhere when I looked around. They made a bracket for it where the old remote went and put the EQ in the armrest.

IMG_4005.JPG.5ad4fb946201f1433d2286b514e

• Like 3
22 hours ago, IXFE said:

More pics!!  And details details!!

Ok.  Pulled out the entire system that was mostly the original equipment from 2006 and replaced it with Exile, swapped out the Perko switch for a Blue Seas system with ACR, and added the Pro Sport 20 on board charger.  Exile was unexpectedly out of 6.5" speakers when the order came in so we tried to see if we could make 8" cabin speakers fit but they were just too big so had to wait a bit longer for everything.  Went with the "surf" setup tower speakers because I do not need the horn style, especially with two young kids.  Pure Audio built a custom, ported sub box for the 12" sub and it hits amazingly hard.

They mounted the amp rack at the back of the compartment, left the batteries in the stock spot, and made a mounting plate for the blue sea switch where the stock perko went to left of the door opening.  The charger was mounted on the side wall of the seat area that is in front of the passenger storage area (no pic).  Mounted the EQ on a bracket in the arm rest and then made the custom bracket for the JL head unit where the stock remote went under dash.

IMG_4009.JPG

IMG_4006.JPG

IMG_4010.JPG

• Like 2