Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Nautique 20' crossover

Badger

I didn't want to hijack the other VTX vs Sport Nautique thread.  I went to check out the new boat talked about in that thread, but it appears that Nautique isn't showing off the new 20' boat until tonight with a launch event in Detroit.  Is that how anyone else understands this? 

So I live in Detroit and find it odd that this is where the launch event is occurring?  Or maybe there are multiple events and the interweb was smart enough to pick up my location??  I definitely don't think Detroit is a hotbed of Nautique activity.  Just as odd to me was the location of the event on the East side of Detroit which is away from most of the inland lakes that dot the western suburbs.

Anyone have any insight to this?  Anyone going?

Their website says tonight at the GM Heritage Center.  My son works at GM and we both thought it a little odd.  He said, "no Nautique Heritage Center?"  lol

I am looking forward to what they reveal.  Any new boat is good for the market.   

ahopkins22LSV
7 minutes ago, hunter77ah said:

Putting in a 5.3 ecotec3 is my guess.

You can already get that in the SN200. Not much of a reveal. It is performing awesome from what I have read though.

26 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

You can already get that in the SN200. Not much of a reveal. It is performing awesome from what I have read though.

In the SN200 it's doing well.  Lots of issues with it in the ProStar from what I've heard.

And the Nautique marketing geniuses decided to have their big reveal at the same time as the Opening Ceremonies for the Olympics.  :Doh:

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, Sixer said:

And the Nautique marketing geniuses decided to have their big reveal at the same time as the Opening Ceremonies for the Olympics.  :Doh:

As much as it pains me to give Nautique props, but it's still Better than MALIBU reveal of any 2017 product....

49 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

4500 pounds, no center pylon, one tracking fin.  Should ski great.  

I think you need to look closer: super-air-nautique-gs20-pop-up-pylon2.jp

Yes, it is not as good of design as Malibu does, but hey this is Nautique :) 

Bill James, that is not a center pylon like the Vtx still has and old sport 200 (had).  Moving the tow point up to the center of leverage for the boat makes a huge difference.  

jeep, do you run a course w your boat?   I haven't had my 2016 in a course yet but my 2013 was in it a lot and without that center pylon id a pulled my boat all over the place....which is not a criticism, that's a fact of any rear pylon boat pulling a good skier. 

Nice boat, thinking the 210 and 230s days are numbered in current form. Small surf wake from what they show there, would likely need some bags IMO. Build that boat in a 21.5 and they'd get my attention.

This announcement is surprising to me. I had heard the new crossover Nautique was going to be a re-badged G23 with 500 more pounds added to it. I think they were gonna call it the GT23 and supposedly the ski wake was phenomenal.

:rofl:

• Like 3

8 minute mark he calls it the best ski wake in the 20' vdrive market.  Not sure that is a very high bar.  I couldn't make it through the whole video, the superlatives are a bit much. I hope it is as great as they are saying. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, 85 Barefoot said:

Bill James, that is not a center pylon like the Vtx still has and old sport 200 (had).  Moving the tow point up to the center of leverage for the boat makes a huge difference.  

jeep, do you run a course w your boat?   I haven't had my 2016 in a course yet but my 2013 was in it a lot and without that center pylon id a pulled my boat all over the place....which is not a criticism, that's a fact of any rear pylon boat pulling a good skier. 

My bad, Looks like one to me, but I see your point. FYI, I do not ski at all, so I was not aware of the pylon placement importance.