Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Impeller will not budge? Suggestions?

Hi, we are replacing our 05 indmar monsoon 340 impeller and we cant get it to budge at all. I noticed the end of the old one has a threaded brass end and one doesn't... Am I missing something, everything I read and watched said "needle nose pliers on both sides and just wiggle back and forth?"

Thanks guys.

Just now, malibu2004 said:

Put your purse down.

Spray some wd-40 or some kind of lube on the fins and turn the boat over but don't start it. Use some needle nose pliers and pull it out.

LOL! will do damnit I knew I should have used my other hand.

It can be a real pain in the a$$.  There is a reason they make a puller for it.  Ive successfully used two paint can openers on opposite sides.  The teeth of the pliers can mess up the brass.

15 minutes ago, malibu2004 said:

Put your purse down. 

Spray some wd-40 or some kind of lube on the fins and turn the boat over but don't start it. Use some needle nose pliers and pull it out. 

This has worked great for me in the past. 

23 minutes ago, malibu2004 said:

Put your purse down. 

This works. Although I prefer to use dishsoap or KY. :)

I use the spray vegetable oil and pliers method.  After each time I say to myself "I'm getting a puller".  I've been saying that for fourteen straight years.......

disconnect your coil wire .      remove the impeller cover  then  crank the engine a couple of spins.  that will loosen it.. then take vice grips  latch on to it and give it a few shakes   that always works on mine.