Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2000 response alarm issues

I know this is a frequent topic, but I have a little twist that I haven't read on the other posts.  Boat starts, idols, and ramps up to speed without an alarm sounding.  When I come back down to no wake/low speed an alarm starts to sound, faint at first, and then gets obnoxiously loud until you power back up and it goes away.  Temp, voltage, and oil pressure gauge are all holding good throughout low and high speed.  If you shut the boat off and restart the alarm goes away until you ramp back up, and then the process starts all over again.  Any DIY suggestions, or should I bring the boat to the dealership?

remember that temp and oil pressure each have two sending units; one for the analog dash and another for the ecm.

your analog gauges may show swell readings while the ecm sensor/switches may be sick.

i'd bet on the oil sending unit for the ecm (but i'm kind of loaded right now, too, so my opinion may tilt a bit when i sober up).

Did you figure out what is causing your alarm?  I have a low audible alarm that is occurring sporadically on my 2000 wakesetter vlx.  I'm trying to figure out what to start checking.

I do believe, as mentioned in other responses, that it is the oil sending sensor/switch.  Last weekend with it alarming in the same manner, I pulled the hot and ground wire for the alarm, placed a wire nut on it, and electrical taped it....no more alarm.  I don't know if that was the smartest thing to do, but I did have good oil pressure all day on my analog gauge.  

Oh okay, thanks. I spoke with previous owner and he said a few years back he had a faint alarm and it was sensor. The analog guage went to zero and back to normal pressure once. So I bet it's the sensor for it.