Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wax vs. traction pad

vanamp

This may have been discussed already but the search came up with nothing,  I currently have traction pads on my wakesurf boards front and back foot.  I have never really had an issue with it but notice a lot of people using wax for the front foot spot.  Am I really missing out on something here?  Does it make a big difference?  Is it messy? (I sometimes have boards in the back seat).

Just looking for some thoughts and opinions on surf wax.

IMO, wax is carpet regret waiting to happen. I am using my old 6'2" Brewer surf board and I pulled all of the wax off of it and put Seadek on it with no adverse effects. At "my skill" level wax has no benefit. Maybe for an advanced and younger rider but not for me. 

• Like 1