Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

PP Upgrade

Call PP direct in Canada.  They've got great customer service and will likely be able to tell you what you need to do and might have a replacement part.

The current PP Stargazer (GPS) that fits in your tach spot has a digital speedo and tach.  If you don't have GPS in your current setup I highly recommend the upgrade.  Unfortunately it looks like it'll cost you about $900.

http://www.perfectpass.com/?q=upgradeoptions

You can get a replacement panel. It's going to come down to the 300-500 for a new panel, or 900 for kick butt stargazer like @minnmarker mentioned. Or you could take it apart and directly wire it to a big staples easy button on the dash!

that face plate is just glued on with a few dabs around the outside / backside.

that's an easy fix.  

pretty sure that, if you take it apart, you can find the two conductors that are connected to the off/on switch.

any momentary switch will make the unit functional then it's just a matter of soldering a couple of wires (and a question of how mickey mouse you can tolerate).

I just replaced mine. $530 from PP. New Gage and new Box. 

I took mine all apart becuase the Up button stopped working. I even sliced open the button area (took a exacto knife and got inbetween glass and plastic). Its just a metal triangle sitting behind the buttons with contacts that you push into. The metal triangle gets loose and moves. 

Put it all together and it worked about 3 times before it failed again. I think you could rig something to get it to work but my tach never worked and it was only a matter of time before PP went out all together.