Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wake wedge

saferyan

Looking for used power wedge, fixed wedge, and or floating wedge I can't seem to find any also in need of mounting bracket if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it I don't want to sac it out I don't have the room with gear and people and dont live on a lake and if I did that would be a great option but I don't any ideas thank you in advanced Ryan

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 6:59 PM, saferyan said:

I have a diamond hull and would be for my 13 year old dauter to wakeboard 

You need nothing then. Beginners don't need ballast.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2016 at 8:59 AM, saferyan said:

I have a diamond hull and would be for my 13 year old dauter to wakeboard 

I have the wedge on a diamond hull.  It doesn't really make the wake much bigger, it just improves the shape and lip, but like nitrousbird said, nothing needed when learning.  At 18-20mph the  wake is pretty big anyway

I don't believe the OP said that his daughter was a beginner. At 13 both of my sons were pretty good wakeboarders.

Ndawg12 provided some good advice. Keep an eye on ebay, Craigslist, etc.

• Like 1
martinarcher
On 8/18/2016 at 7:09 PM, John I. said:

I don't believe the OP said that his daughter was a beginner. At 13 both of my sons were pretty good wakeboarders.

Ndawg12 provided some good advice. Keep an eye on ebay, Craigslist, etc.

I was thinking the same thing.....some 13 year olds can rip!!!

Unless she is throwing 7's a wedge is not necessary by any means. I typically run our VLX without the wedge with all stock ballast full, 750lb bag in the front and 3/4 full 750 bags in the rear locker. You are going to need extra weight up front or its going to porpoise like crazy with the wedge down. 

• 4 months later...
On 8/25/2016 at 5:18 AM, eminent said:

Or you could Build your own!!!!!  I happen to know someone who has all the plans :whistle:

G'Day Eminent, I would be very keen to somehow get a hold of these plans if possible. I have an 07 Response and my lad is a keen wakeboarder. The brackets and wedges are near impossible to find here in Australia.

Thanks.

Edited by squirter
spelling error

If someone is making their own, I have the top bar and the two arms from my original power wedge.  Bolts sheared off, and had to replace the whole unit.  MIght be an easy starter for someone.

Edited by REHinH20