Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Displaying depth in ACC ignition

xav8r

I have a new to me '03 Sunsetter LXi (sslxi might help the search engine folks) with the standard era gauges.   We spend a fair amount of our time in lakes where due to mineral content of the water, one cannot see rocks or trees submerged 6" (never mind a few feet).   After searching and reading many different threads I have not found anyone asking or doing a write-up on displaying a depth reading from the Multi Function Display Panal of the speedometer when turning the ignition/key to the ACC position.  Has anyone attempted changing up any wiring to accomplish this?

Wow.   I suspected that would be "the norm" and your post confirms that it should be at least possible.  Now I'm wondering if perhaps the original owner added PP and that somehow in the wiring of that project the ACC power to the MFDP was lost.

Short of adding another aftermarket gauge, does anyone have any wiring/power knowledge they would be willing to share in order to accomplish what formulaben has?