Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ACME

knuthein

Thanks for the education. I'll stick the 537 on there and see how it goes. I'm not sure why the 817 is on there. It's the prop that came on the boat and has been refurb'd once already.

After putting the 537 on, I have a different boat. The hole shot is about 10x stronger and the bow rise about cut in half. The 0 to plane time is unbelievably fast even with full ballast and the wedge down. If the 1235 is substantially better than what I have on now, I would be pretty surprised. Thanks for the feedback.

After putting the 537 on, I have a different boat. The hole shot is about 10x stronger and the bow rise about cut in half. The 0 to plane time is unbelievably fast even with full ballast and the wedge down. If the 1235 is substantially better than what I have on now, I would be pretty surprised. Thanks for the feedback.

Viva La Hammerhead! Yahoo.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running the monsoon on our '06 VLX with the 1235. I said this earlier but didn't give much extra info. We had the stock 537 on it and were running full ballast, no wedge and about 400 in the nose extra and another 800 or so in the rear. It was alright out of the hole, took a while to plane and with any more than 4 people in the boat we would have some high siding issues in corners and you couldn't power out of it.

We switched to the 1235 and have been running it for about a month now. We get out of the hole a heck of a lot faster! It made a huge difference and is saving us gas just with that alone. We're running about the same RPMs at the same speeds and it seems to hold speed a little better (not that it was an issue on straightaways) but it does great in corners. You can turn really nice and tight when loaded with ballast and people!

I'm lovin it compared to what we had. We did lose a few MPH off the top end, but we don't use that anyway so I could care less.

I'm running the monsoon on our '06 VLX with the 1235. I said this earlier but didn't give much extra info. We had the stock 537 on it and were running full ballast, no wedge and about 400 in the nose extra and another 800 or so in the rear. It was alright out of the hole, took a while to plane and with any more than 4 people in the boat we would have some high siding issues in corners and you couldn't power out of it.

We switched to the 1235 and have been running it for about a month now. We get out of the hole a heck of a lot faster! It made a huge difference and is saving us gas just with that alone. We're running about the same RPMs at the same speeds and it seems to hold speed a little better (not that it was an issue on straightaways) but it does great in corners. You can turn really nice and tight when loaded with ballast and people!

I'm lovin it compared to what we had. We did lose a few MPH off the top end, but we don't use that anyway so I could care less.

I recently had my ACME 537 repaired after hitting a stump. Before the repair the hole shot was great, but since the repair it's been sluggish. So the prop shop rebalanced and added extra cupping. I'll know this weekend it that helped.

I was also very interested in getting the 1235. The only drawback they mentioned is that if I damage the 1235 and need it repaired they don't have the molds or blocks (not sure what you call it) to repair the prop. They told me the OJ 14.25 should perform the same as the ACME 1235. So I bought the OJ prop since the water levels are so low and chances of hitting something are good. Has anyone tried the OJ 14.25?

I'm keeping the odl prop around just incase I hit something or have an issue, I can get by with it, but it was just not letting the boat perform like it should.

On the 2007 VLX that I drove at Wakestock we changed the prop after the intermediate riders. The boat was taking too long to plane in the small tournament lake that we were using! It was taking almost a quarter of the way down the course fully weighted with the judges and photographers in the boat. If the rider fell halfway through the course- forget it, they couldn't get another trick in before they were out of the course! It was also coming off plane in the tight corners at the ends of the lake a lot of the time. The boat had a 537 with the new 340 Monsoon. We changed to the 1235 for the advanced and outlaw. We added more weight over the stock ballast and put the wedge down. The boat jumped out of the hole and was on plane before the course started instead of a quarter of the way into the course. The boat held speed much better and was not working as hard! The owner of Idaho Water Sports is trying to get the 1235 installed on all V-Drive Rides, VLX's, and 23 LSV's that come from the factory. I'm not sure on the 247 or the 8.1's. It makes that much of a difference! BUT... As already mentioned watch your trailer clearance!!! If you get turned on the trailer- "BAM!"

Trentster Rockon.gif

I'm in the process of trying to get my dealer/Malibu to trade the 817 that came on my boat for the 1235 or at least for a credit towards one. I don't want that 817 back on my boat again, even as a spare. If I can get it, I'll use it and keep the 537 as a backup.

Ok, the 1235 has arrived and we were able to have a try. As I said we got the HH engine. The prop is really amazing. The most interesting for me is that it really holds the speed in nearly every turn with full ballast +wedgle or +additional ballast without wedge. Even if the rider cuts hard the engine easily seams to compensate it. Top end is not as good as with the 817, which we got before. The boat now easily hits the 5200 rpm. We do not have gps though, so we do not know the exact speed. But we really do not mind. Thanks