Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesetter 23lsv surfing?

DGoober

I just got a 2003 Malibu 23lsv it has two 750 lb bags in each locker and the reg stock bag in the ski locker and the manual wedge. And I have several other bags to sit around in the boat to surf. But I'm tired of all the bags everywhere "of course". I been looking at some of the universal wake surfing wedges to put on the side or the platform and I've looked at some of the homemade ones yall have built. I even like some of the auto adjustable ones some of yall have built. Just trying to see what is the best for this boat from some of yall with experience. And get some ideas. Thanks for any help

I opted for the gosurfassist... yes it was the most expensive surf option ($3999.99)... but the best decision I made... the 23 lsv throws a very nice wave with it.... now can do transfers while riding (twice as much more fun ;) ) and setting up is just push a button and go... others that have installed it will attest to the same @dealjb

I may just put a couple home made on ebay for 100 bucks. (Surf shapers)  the mission is highway robbery and so is the ronix  

You can hide all the sacks you want but you will need weight up front. If you don't want it on the seats you can add a few hundred pounds of lead on top of the front MLS. If no front MLS you want at least 400 of front weight. Better to have closer to 1000 front weight. 

Go get Em!

3 hours ago, minnmarker said:

Where can you get lead?  Since 2012 Minn. tire stores have to turn old weights in to recyclers.

DGoober, if you're a DIY kind of person consider an automated surf gate system with Wake Logic controller. <$2,000 and just as good as a stock system.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793697

Whether listed or using a surf system, there is no need to have exposed bags.  I run 3200lbs, all hidden. 

You need:

- Bigger locker bags
- Under seat bow bag
- Under seat port and/or starboard bags (depending on your needs)
- Few hundred pounds of lead

Only exposed bag I would ever consider - and don't need it - would be a bow or walkway bag.  Pumps over the side of the boat suck, so don't do that.

Has anybody had any dealings with the swell wakesurf creator? It attaches to the side of the boat with suction cups. Looks like the price is around 200.00 trying to decide between it and making my own somehow. Thanks again for any info.

• 1 year later...

Make your own, especially if you are looking for a swell style shaper.  I built mine with stainless steel hardware, pvc, and an amazon double handle suction cup for less then $40.  Making your own also allows you to make different size shaper plates to trial..