Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

05 malibu advice

Manskella

Looks clean.  I wouldn't be scared of the hours at a lower price than $24995.  I would rather have a boat with 1000 hours that was well maintained and serviced than one with 300 hours that wasn't.  Service records are key here.

I would question that pads on the rear side and back.  Looks like a protection pad for lift and stern protection from board knocks but not sure what it is and how easy it will come off.  Pretty vague listing IMO.  I am also curious what the platform is as it looks teak on the lower but has a fiberglass like top.

It's not really too many hours of there are service records or a service log. If it has been maintained properly, it should last for many more hours with no major problems.

The ad doesn't have enough pictures, and the description is non existent. Can you go see it in person?

2 hours ago, Manskella said:

I'm currently looking for a new boat.  And have come across this one.. any advice? Is this way to many hours??

https://stcloud.craigslist.org/boa/5709768427.html

I am biased towards the 05's but that isn't too many hours. If the rest of the boat is good and the engine is well cared for I would say no worries. Seems a bit on the high side for price though. The V-Ride would fetch that much but the I-ride has less room and wont be nearly as nice for surfing and wakeboarding if that is what you are into. If you want to just wakeboard, waterski and pull tubes with it you could be in like flint.

2 hours ago, wedge88 said:

Looks clean.  I wouldn't be scared of the hours at a lower price than $24995.  I would rather have a boat with 1000 hours that was well maintained and serviced than one with 300 hours that wasn't.  Service records are key here.

I would question that pads on the rear side and back.  Looks like a protection pad for lift and stern protection from board knocks but not sure what it is and how easy it will come off.  Pretty vague listing IMO.  I am also curious what the platform is as it looks teak on the lower but has a fiberglass like top.

ronix wakeshaper velcro maybe?

• Like 1

My advice to go 05 in your other thread was specifically for an 05 vlx as that was the hull that was updated in 05. You could also search for 04+ 23 lsv or 06+ 247. The 05 vride shares the same hull as the earlier vlx. For a boat that will surf (which is what you said you were looking for in your other thread) I personally would not be looking at inboards, and would stick to vdrives.