Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Indmar Oil OEM?

I have been using Chevron Delo 400 LE in mine since new. You sir, have confirmed what I have always suspected......I am a flipping genius!:thumbup:

• Like 2

Every season just before changing my oil, I scour this and other forums to re-examine my choice in oil and filter.  And every time I stay with Delo 400 LE and NAPA 1069.  Mostly don't want to make a bad choice, but doesn't hurt to find some favorable testimonials or anecdotal information confirming your choice either.  Here is mine for Chevron Delo oil:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mdxRgbGgY4

I will keep an open mind and consider Indmar Marine Oil 15W-40 and filter again next season, but will need more information than what is currently available before I change. Knowing who makes Indmar's oil and filters (cas***o's original post) would be a good start.

My boat engine(s) probably see less moisture than my auto engines.  I'm more interested in the multi viscosity vs straight weight oil.  Blackstone Labs is an outfit I have used to test oil to see if I have excessive bearing or valve wear on older sports cars.  They're pretty knowledgeable.  Here's an excerpt and why I use 15W-40 Diesel oil:

"The most common diesel use oil is 15W/40. It is an SAE 15W oil with a VI additive that leaves it the thickness of an SAE 40 weight at operating temperature. What makes an oil a diesel-use oil (rather than automotive-use) is the level of additives used. Diesels require heavier levels of dispersant and anti-wear additives. These heavier additive levels are objectionable for automotive engines since they may interfere with the emission controls mandated by the EPA."       No concern with emissions on my engine.

Link to Blackstone:

http://www.blackstone-labs.com/oil-viscosity.php

Click on the boat tab at the bottom of the page.

• Like 3
On 8/2/2016 at 9:24 PM, cas***o said:

Does anyone know who makes Indmar's oil products? The indmar oils themselves are hard to source.

www.trusouthoil.com 

TruSouth Oil, founded in 2006 recently completed construction of its state of the art blending and packaging facility here in Shreveport, LA. The management of TruSouth Oil has long standing experience in the blending and packaging industry and we are entering the market place with a full complement of high quality products backed by a commitment to outstanding customer service.

The TruSouth team is guided by the former head of Specialty Oil Company, prior to its sale to Quaker State Corporation in 1996. Over the course of 20 years, Specialty grew to become the nations largest privately held blending and packaging operation servicing customers in all 50 states and overseas.

The full Synthetic is Exxon Mobil. 

The info is in the MSDS spec sheets.

Edited by footndale
Got correct information from website.