Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Value of 1998 Sportster LX

albernhagen

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to sell my 1998 Sportster LX.  I have a friend interested in it and want to make sure we can find a fair price.  Looking online, I'm seeing similar boats listed between 7.5k and 22.5k, so I'm not entirely sure what's right.  Here's what it's got:

Titan Tower + racks, PerfectPass Stargazer, BI Barefoot Boom, Bluetooth/CD Stereo with 4 speakers, Amp and Sub (albeit not a fancy setup), Hot/Cold shower (though a new nozzle is needed), aftermarket heater, depth finder, wedge, 1150 hours, a couple of scuffs on the side from parking that can be buffed out, single axles trailer has a new wheel bearing and 2 brand new tires, bunks in great shape.  Includes a carb rebuild kit, extra decals, extra prop.  Vinyl is all in good to great condition, except the drivers seat is starting to show some cracks in it.  Also rebuilt the water pump and replaced the impeller this year.  Skis and runs great, only selling as I'm getting a newer Response for a better slalom wake.  Oil changed seasonly (about 30-50 hours put on in any given season).  My dad bought it in 2006 and maintained it (and helped me maintain it) and he worked as a boat mechanic, so it was our baby.  Everything works on it except the shower head (it just rusted out because we never used it).

I appreciate any info you guys can give in terms of fair pricing.  Thank you!

Brand new it was around 22K in 98.  Right now these boats seem to be getting higher than normal price, at least asking price.

Sounds like you could get 13-14K.  A ski team paid 10K this spring for something similar but not as many bells and whistles. 

Edited by footndale
25 minutes ago, footndale said:

Brand new it was around 22K in 98.  Right now these boats seem to be getting higher than normal price, at least asking price.

Sounds like you could get 13-14K.  A ski team paid 10K this spring for something similar but not as many bells and whistles. 

I agree...ask $14.5k, if you get an offer for at least $13k this fall...i'd take it.