Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Where did the pieces go?

39 minutes ago, Ndawg12 said:

the inlet of the tranny cooler

only found three pieces there, but counted ten pieces in total missing from the impeller.

IMG_0700.jpg

Edited by Vettesetter
Just now, Ndawg12 said:

can you flush the whole hose from the impeller to the tranny cooler?

Yep...pull the whole hose off and turn it upside down and flush with hose.  When no water flow is present, all those pieces will settle down to the 'U-turn' at the bottom of the hose....gravity and all.

They are probably sitting inside of the trans cooler tube on the bottom lip where the drain plug goes in. Stick your finger in there a feel around they have to be there because there is no where else for them to go unless they got shredded smaller than a #2 pencil lead.

2 minutes ago, wdr said:

They are probably sitting inside of the trans cooler tube on the bottom lip where the drain plug goes in. Stick your finger in there a feel around they have to be there because there is no where else for them to go unless they got shredded smaller than a #2 pencil lead.

Thats where I found the 3 pieces, plus I just found two small pieces below the cooler in the bilge (dry). I removed the hose and flushed it, no more pieces? Can't really see those pieces shedding into tiny pieces and what? oh my god this is going to drive me crazy, lol.

Well... if they aren't in the pump housing, the outlet hose, the bilge from when you pulled the hose or the trans cooler they probably got shredded small enough to pass to the block. In that case they have been pushed through and out the block a long time ago and IIWM I wouldn't worry about. Keep an eye on the temp and maybe pull the t-stat to have a look around, but I bet you are done dealing with the issue. JM2C

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, wdr said:

Well... if they aren't in the pump housing, the outlet hose, the bilge from when you pulled the hose or the trans cooler they probably got shredded small enough to pass to the block. In that case they have been pushed through and out the block a long time ago and IIWM I wouldn't worry about. Keep an eye on the temp and maybe pull the t-stat to have a look around, but I bet you are done dealing with the issue. JM2C

Yup, thats what I will do, if the temp fluctuates, I'll check the thermostat, and keep my fingers crossed, cause I'm picking up a suckgate today and want to try it out this week.

Check it out

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wakesurf-Wake-Shaper-Wake-Gate-BLACK-FREE-SHIPPING-AND-LEASH-/262556222594?hash=item3d21920482:g:bVEAAOSwRoxXnkCY

Not to side track the thread, but that was probably the best $9.00 I ever spent for the handle and most productive 1 hour I have ever invested in fabricating something. Well worth even the almost $400.00 dollars some of the other guys are spending IMO. Plus mine works on a Tige and a Centurion!

• Like 1
13 hours ago, wdr said:

Not to side track the thread, but that was probably the best $9.00 I ever spent for the handle and most productive 1 hour I have ever invested in fabricating something. Well worth even the almost $400.00 dollars some of the other guys are spending IMO. Plus mine works on a Tige and a Centurion!

Yeah I was going to build it but it was only $150 so I thought, well its 1/4 the price of the Mission. And its local. And i'm on holidays and don't need to mess around with prototypes in August.

Parts will show up over the next year. I have never had enough to over heat if its clean from the first impeller blowout.  clean it again at winter layup.