Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

looking for new surf board

Chia

has anyone tried a board from Trickboardz. We are looking at adding another board to the arsenal.

thanks

trick boardz surf skate is no doubt balling. however check out xbc surf boards.

do a search for xbc surfboards on this site. i had a long posting about them!

Several of us have them but out of mine & two others I know of on here, I haven't seen them out in a while. They are an OK board but there are much better ones out there. You didn't say what your other board(s) are but this one needs a little more wake and it's a little harder for the big riders to use it because there is little floatation.

Several of us have them but out of mine & two others I know of on here, I haven't seen them out in a while. They are an OK board but there are much better ones out there. You didn't say what your other board(s) are but this one needs a little more wake and it's a little harder for the big riders to use it because there is little floatation.

i currently have 2 phase 5 boards. the prop and the oogle. am looking for a board that is better suited to doing tricks. maybe what i have is good and i just need to work on my 360's. i am so close but either can't stop the spin (end up doing up to a 720) or just fall too far back to recover after the spin.

Your riding my two favorite boards. The Trickboardz is forgiving when you get the nose under but you will really have to work on board position. It's pretty wide too compared to the length.

I've got a Prop and it will spin easily as will RiverRunners Oogle.

Honestly, I don't think the Original Trickboardz (Velocity) is what your looking for, the Mojo or the Surf Skate might do you better if you want to stay with that board company.

Which fins do you have on the Phase 5's? Maybe you need to drop down to a smaller fin. My Prop has about a 7/8" or 1" fin and it's really slick. It's easy to ride sideways or with the fin in the front.

Link to 360.

Your riding my two favorite boards. The Trickboardz is forgiving when you get the nose under but you will really have to work on board position. It's pretty wide too compared to the length.

I've got a Prop and it will spin easily as will RiverRunners Oogle.

Honestly, I don't think the Original Trickboardz (Velocity) is what your looking for, the Mojo or the Surf Skate might do you better if you want to stay with that board company.

Which fins do you have on the Phase 5's? Maybe you need to drop down to a smaller fin. My Prop has about a 7/8" or 1" fin and it's really slick. It's easy to ride sideways or with the fin in the front.

Link to 360.

small phase 5 fin on both. i haven't tried riding sideways, maybe that's where i need to start. i hate those videos, they make it look so easy. No one on our lake is doing 360's yet and while i would like to be the first, it would be nice to watch how it is done.

If you're looking for something different, you might try a Liquid Force Skimskate. Mine came with 4 fins & I took off the 2 outer ones, making it a a lot faster & looser. Very easy to break loose & spin (although I haven't gotten the 180 ropeless yet, I'm still getting comfortable heelside). Good flotation for a smaller wave too (more so than a Broadcast IMO). The Oogle that I rode in Texas was good too, but not quite as loose or fast as mine (although it's bigger than my 4'6 board).

Hope that helps.

There are alot of new wakesurfer manufacturers coming out this year! The phase 5 boards are good and I like the Coax also. Go to www.wakesurf.net and you should find a couple of other manufacturers that have not been mentioned here. Not alot going on at that site yet but as this sport becomes bigger it will do fine. Trying to get some grass roots tournaments for surfing in the North Carolina and virginia areas. Not many from this site here but would love to have some competitions in the future. There are many BU's in this areas and great wakeboarders. Surfing is coming around but still have people on my lake wondering what I am doing when I am surfing.

I wish I had a phase 5 prop

Brad, I am ready to sell my phase 5 prop. The one we briefly discussed a month ago. I will take some pics and get back to you in the next day or two. You make a reasonable offer and I won't turn it down. I am Looking to find a new or slightly used Hyperlite Beyerly wakeboard or the Murray at least 142 in size with the new Murray bindings. I am finding that I may have to sell my house to buy a new board and new bindings. I also will be listing my two Blindside stingray boards with Hyperlite Highback bindings in the next couple of days with this wakesurfer when I get all the pics together. Let me know.

Brad, I am ready to sell my phase 5 prop. The one we briefly discussed a month ago. I will take some pics and get back to you in the next day or two. You make a reasonable offer and I won't turn it down. I am Looking to find a new or slightly used Hyperlite Beyerly wakeboard or the Murray at least 142 in size with the new Murray bindings. I am finding that I may have to sell my house to buy a new board and new bindings. I also will be listing my two Blindside stingray boards with Hyperlite Highback bindings in the next couple of days with this wakesurfer when I get all the pics together. Let me know.

I almost had one for $50 Cry.gif (Ronnie)

But you bet I'll take it off yer hands - I'm pretty sure $50 is not a considerable offer

You were a week late, nowhere near almost had one.... Fingerwag.gif

Have you talked to him anymore? I bet he still has a few of those Shredstixx available. I'd like to try one of those. You should buy one so i can try it. Whistling.gif

I have a couple of trickboardz if you'd like to swap one for one of your Phase 5's.

i currently have 2 phase 5 boards. the prop and the oogle. am looking for a board that is better suited to doing tricks. maybe what i have is good and i just need to work on my 360's. i am so close but either can't stop the spin (end up doing up to a 720) or just fall too far back to recover after the spin.

I am surprised no one has mentioned the Inland Surfer's. I have tried the Blue Lake, the Orange one (not sure the name) and we just purchased the Yeloow one. We love it so far. Small yet wide and stable and spins very well. I have tried the phase 5's and they spin just as well though. We just find the Inland Surfer's were just better all around. Especially with our Direct Drive Waves. I haven't landed the 360 yet either but seem to come close on every outing. If you are interested I can get you a name and number of a guy in Calgary selling them. I got mine for $450 (demo model) but I'm sure he'd give you a great price as well.

Ryan

I almost had one for $50 Cry.gif (Ronnie)

But you bet I'll take it off yer hands - I'm pretty sure $50 is not a considerable offer

PM me and give me your e-mail and I will send you pics that I took last night, and we can talk money and shipping then. Thanks talk to ya