Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Has anyone ever tried to integrate their reversible pumps into Maliview?

gobble

Well I found the other wires and ran the hose. The fill wires were in that center section, like you said and with that connector on them. They were just buried but I brought a better flashlight this time. I tested with my meter and they're the correct wires. One note is you have the color codes backwards above. Brown/pink is drain. Brown/yellow is fill. I could also get the fill and drain to register 12+ volts without a potentiometer on the sensor wire. Maybe my Maliview is different. I might just leave it at 0% all the time if everything works.

Edited by gobble

as an FYI, those weatherpack connectors can be had at your local NAPA auto parts store (for a premium) if you need to pick some up in a pinch.  Remember that they use a special weatherpack crimper tool.  IIRC the Delco version of the tool is over $100, but there's a "fake" version out there that I've used with success for about $30 or so.  https://www.amazon.com/Delphi-Packard-Weatherpack-Crimper-Tool/dp/B002CCAEJ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470315193&sr=8-1&keywords=weatherpack+crimper

A cheaper, but slightly less professional alternative would be to use posi-taps.  They work great and when removed only you will be able to tell they were ever installed.

posi-tap_n2_a2-b.jpg

Thanks, I may go the posi-tap route. I doubt that connector will ever be used to connect an OEM bow fill pump.

Although Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies is local to me and they sell Weather Pack connectors for $.79. Is there a ghetto way to crimp them?

Edit: nevermind, my Lamborghini mechanic friend has the crimp tool. Guess I'm stopping by Pegasus on the way home.

Edited by gobble
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 10:55 PM, mikeo said:

picture with notes:
579ec79d5cb1f_ballastrelaywnotes.thumb.j

I'm not 100% sure if my notes on the bow fill and drain triggers are correct, but all you have to do is move the wires from one side to the other (either move the spade connector or move the leads going to the pump)

I have a picture of the rheostat as well, I'll post that as an additional comment in this thread so I can upload it and get around the total image size restriction.

I finally have it all hooked up and it powers to drain but not to fill. If I put 12Vr to the right side of the relay (bottom right) the relay clicks on and powers the pump. If I put 12V to the left side nothing happens. I wonder if I could have a bad relay? 

I have a bad winch relay. If I put 12V to one side I get a click and 12v through the power terminals. If I put 12V to the other side nothing. If you read the Amazon reviews there are a bunch of people that got bad ones. I'm switching to separate relays.

Edited by gobble
15 hours ago, gobble said:

I have a bad winch relay. If I put 12V to one side I get a click and 12v through the power terminals. If I put 12V to the other side nothing. If you read the Amazon reviews there are a bunch of people that got bad ones. I'm switching to separate relays.

that's a bummer! I guess I lucked out that my relay was good...

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 1:38 PM, shawndoggy said:

you'd need two relays because you need to be able to reverse polarity.  I think this would work:

reverse_polarity_act_pos.gif

(obviously substitute your reversible pump for the door lock actuator)

This worked perfectly. Thanks for posting it. I now have my front ballast bag tied into Maliview. I didn't use a potentiometer on the sensor wires so it just shows empty all the time, but it works great.

• 4 years later...

If anybody is wondering. The above diagram works perfectly. One mistake I made was running wires from the stock pump locations to the front helm bus. I’m gonna leave them for now because they work but a cleaner install would be to just pull the positive charge from the medalllion box under the steering wheel. I did this for my front pump and it’s a lot shorter of a run and a lot easier to hide.