Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Driver's booster seat for surfing

Badger

I’m looking for ideas for a booster seat to be used specifically by drivers when surfing.  My wife isn’t comfortable sitting up on the back of the seat.  I’d like something that can be placed on the seat and thrown back in storage when not in use.   I’d like to find something that somewhat fits the contour of the seat back and isn’t going to affect the vinyl.  Ideally it would be just a couple of inches shorter than the seat back.

Even if I make something, I’m not sure what my base material should be.  Of course it could be covered with vinyl or carpet.  Any ideas?

I'd consider the box that boosts the whole seat up.   The seats in the VTX are too short, even at 6ft tall and a 4" boost on the seat I still flip up the bolster when pulling wakeboarders

P6260006.JPG

Edited by oldjeep
9 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

I'd consider the box that boosts the whole seat up.   The seats in the VTX are too short, even at 6ft tall and a 4" boost on the seat I still flip up the bolster when pulling wakeboarders

P6260006.JPG

Where do you buy one of these? I saw some on eBay, but not sure they fit.

• Like 2

Quote from other thread:

Gotta put a plug in for this seat riser.  It was perfect.  Now we can see over the bow while surfing without having to stand or kneel on the seat  

Very well made and finished and the holes lined up so well I only needed the wrench to do the final tightening.  Bravo for @TallRedRider eBay friend!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182079922669?item=182079922669&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

34 minutes ago, hunter77ah said:

Where do you buy one of these? I saw some on eBay, but not sure they fit.

It was from eBay, my boat was the one that was the guinnie pig

21 minutes ago, minnmarker said:

Quote from other thread:

Gotta put a plug in for this seat riser.  It was perfect.  Now we can see over the bow while surfing without having to stand or kneel on the seat  

Very well made and finished and the holes lined up so well I only needed the wrench to do the final tightening.  Bravo for @TallRedRider eBay friend!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182079922669?item=182079922669&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

That one only works on the older boats.  Doesn't appear that he has any of the ones that fit the new boats up right now, but you could send him a message through ebay - his name is Jared

http://www.ebay.com/sch/tmsbilletparts/m.html?item=182079922669&viewitem=&vxp=mtr&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

• Like 2

Definitely more bow weight.

The only problem I could see with the bolster seat is that it puts your face above the windshield all the time ( at least for a medium sized adult and an Axis windshield ).

I would guess an auto upholstery shop could make you pretty stylish custom booster cushion for a modest price. Another hack idea- I just came from the barber shop and he has a vinyl booster seat for kids- https://www.amazon.com/Child-Booster-Styling-Barber-Chairs/dp/B00UZAS598/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1469824732&sr=8-2&keywords=barber+booster+seat

Yes, I'm aware of the seat riser and had one on my old boat. Unfortunately, that's still not tall enough for surfing. Both my wife and I prefer to look over the top of the windshield. I do appreciate some of the other boosters you have posted. 

7 hours ago, bb1632 said:

That looks perfect!  Price is probably more that I was expecting, but it would of far better quality than what I would come up with on my own.

3 hours ago, Badger said:

That looks perfect!  Price is probably more that I was expecting, but it would of far better quality than what I would come up with on my own.

The price is stupid.. I tried to find anything else and finally gave in and bought it... it's for marine use after all so a 500% markup should be expected I guess.

It works great for me, so in the end it's worth $100 to not be sitting on my foot.

There is a small and medium version that are less, but I don't think they are high enough for my needs, even with a full bow sack in front.  I just like seeing over the windshield when I'm pulling a surfer or wakeboarder around.

We did a group buy on the Axis forum for the seat risers. They are extremely top quality and work perfect. The riser has a built in storage as well. Jared is a great guy and if you gave him dimensions on a new seat design, he'd be more than willing to make one for you. You may even ask to setup a group buy here if you can get some others interested. He did ours for $200 shipped each. We all ordered independently, so it was a piece of cake to get it organized and done. He shipped when orders came in...and did t wait for a minimum amount of orders either. 

3 hours ago, 208 said:

We did a group buy on the Axis forum for the seat risers. They are extremely top quality and work perfect. The riser has a built in storage as well. Jared is a great guy and if you gave him dimensions on a new seat design, he'd be more than willing to make one for you. You may even ask to setup a group buy here if you can get some others interested. He did ours for $200 shipped each. We all ordered independently, so it was a piece of cake to get it organized and done. He shipped when orders came in...and did t wait for a minimum amount of orders either. 

I just ordered last week and he honored the group buy. Will be installing this afternoon!

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On July 30, 2016 at 11:00 PM, bb1632 said:

Just ordered this one from Overtons...15% off all items over $100 (Code PADDLE15) until tomorrow.  should come today for surfing this weekend!

Edited by MJR63
On September 1, 2016 at 8:16 AM, MJR63 said:

Just ordered this one from Overtons...15% off all items over $100 (Code PADDLE15) until tomorrow.  should come today for surfing this weekend!

Received it on Fri and used it over the weekend for surfing and it worked great!  When I want to sit below the windshield I just remove the cushion. The best of both worlds!

On 7/30/2016 at 3:03 PM, Raimie said:

I just ordered last week and he honored the group buy. Will be installing this afternoon!

I bought that booster on Ebay also and installed it last week. My wife and daughter really love it. Its top quality and was easy to install.

I like it, but 3" would be perfect for us. My hubs is 6'5, so he is not a fan. I am 6' and I like it, but 1" less would be a nice compromise. My brother is a machinist so I might see if he can take it down for me over winter.