Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help me find a new ski boat!

powderjay

2 hours ago, BlastRlxi said:

I'm pretty sure this is my old boat. I bought it new from No Wake Marine in 2005.  It was a great boat but sold it it buy a Txi in 2012.  Still looks as good as I kept it from the picture.

That might be the best looking RLXi of that vintage I've seen.  That one or @edwin's.

4 hours ago, BlastRlxi said:

I'm pretty sure this is my old boat. I bought it new from No Wake Marine in 2005.  It was a great boat but sold it it buy a Txi in 2012.  Still looks as good as I kept it from the picture.

That one is sold. Don't ask me how I know.....

ahopkins22LSV
8 hours ago, UWSkier said:

That might be the best looking RLXi of that vintage I've seen.  That one or @edwin's.

@inlandlaker's is damn nice too!

To the OP, if a gen one response is in your budget, then that is all I would search for. It is still one of the best slalom boats out there. As other mentioned I would stay away from the late 90's early 2000's prostars. The 197 was junk until 2004 and I think it's pretty good after that. I ski an 04 all the time. But, I would still not buy one over a gen one response!

• Like 2
12 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

@inlandlaker's is damn nice too!

To the OP, if a gen one response is in your budget, then that is all I would search for. It is still one of the best slalom boats out there. As other mentioned I would stay away from the late 90's early 2000's prostars. The 197 was junk until 2004 and I think it's pretty good after that. I ski an 04 all the time. But, I would still not buy one over a gen one response!

I ski an '08 TT 197 every day and at 28' the wake is almost as hard as our VLX.  I've never tried it at 15 or 22.  There's not a Diamond DD Malibu I've been behind that feels as harsh as the 197.

@powderjay, that boat will ski great.

Going to look at an 06 response lx tonight.   Any big differences other than the walk through bow?  (from the lxi)   same wake?  

ahopkins22LSV
Just now, powderjay said:

Going to look at an 06 response lx tonight.   Any big differences other than the walk through bow?  (from the lxi)   same wake?  

Very similar wake. The LX is has a narrower beam then the LXi which IMO makes the LX wave a tad harder, but the ski wake is still very very good. The other biggest difference I can think of off the top of my head is the rear trunk storage is one panel that lifts up from the platform side and not a split trunk.

Edited by ahopkinsTXi
15 minutes ago, powderjay said:

Thanks. a hopkins,  @Michigan boarder  try out my old whip yet?? I miss the good runs, don't miss the no starts!

You told me not to talk about it!!:Tease3:

No, not yet.  Had to put away the other boat first.  But, it's in the driveway, got the cover on but missing the poles (I think - didn't look very hard).  Tonight and tomorrow is work at the cottage, then our team ski event at Coast Guard Fest, and discuss our options with the boat - team buy it outright?  me buy it and rent it back to team?  I hope to dig into it on Wed and clean it up, get the small stuff dialed in, and figure out the VL options.

...I do want to hear that thing roar!

The LXI wake is superior than the 190 or 197, LX, at -15 to -28 at 34 mph...just my too cents.  I ski behind them all.

35 minutes ago, powderjay said:

No poles, never had any sorry.  I can hear about it now because I just put a deposit on this!!

https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/boa/5706484066.html

If you are spending that much go with an LXI (you will not regret it)

check out ski-it-again.com

On 7/29/2016 at 7:15 PM, BlastRlxi said:

Blast, this probably is your old boat. Still has the No Wake and old www.themalibucrew.com stickers in the windows. Sellers description sounded like what you posted. He was super obsessive about maintaining it.

Now it's my turn! My wife insisted this is the one she has been looking for. ?

• Like 2
On August 5, 2016 at 8:25 AM, asnowman said:

Blast, this probably is your old boat. Still has the No Wake and old www.themalibucrew.com stickers in the windows. Sellers description sounded like what you posted. He was super obsessive about maintaining it.

Now it's my turn! My wife insisted this is the one she has been looking for. ?

I had great lock with it so I hope you do as well.  It was a great boat.