Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Transmission Ratios 2017 vs 2016 vs earlier Upgrade Questions.

The Hulk

"I'll have to get use to docking her as the throttle is not quite as responsive as on the smaller 23"

There is a setting where you can make the throttle more aggressive.

Very interested in a picture of the deck grip.....and how the 2277 prop works out!

Edited by dppendar
1 minute ago, The Hulk said:

sorry as a crew chief i use to be able to insert photos into this directly, now i have to figure out an easy way? any suggestions?

Photobucket

use photobucket

2 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

sorry as a crew chief i use to be able to insert photos into this directly, now i have to figure out an easy way? any suggestions?

or text them over

Just now, 85 Barefoot said:

nice boat!

You weren't kidding about your "augers".  Ever looked into a box anchor?

yes i need to get an anchor for deep water parking, but here at our sandbars 3ft or less and boats within a few feet of one another so you have to be tight with no possibility of moving even in a big wave comes by etc..

Just now, teamerickson said:

Pics look great! So does the boat! :)

Is that stratospheric blue?

stratosphere blue metallic deck, hull bow, surf gate, swim step

i just uploaded 2 more pics to that album so you can see the options, although i'm adding heaters/showers/tables and some other goodies: also the photo does show on the spec sheet the foam/teak flooring but mine has the carpet which i have not decided if i like better or not.. +/-'s for either i guess. 

1 minute ago, hunter77ah said:

Skiers pier?

yes

8 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

God I love that boat. I'm happy, and jealous at the same time you have it now!

i havent even changed your settings yet! ha

• Like 1
On 7/29/2016 at 9:42 AM, DarkSide said:

Hulk,

For what it's worth, even with LSA and 15 x 15.75, I still can't hit 40 in the 15 MXZ.  I looked under the 17 and there is a ton of room to go even larger than 17 if needed.   There was roughly 3-4 inches of clearance with the 17" prop on there.   

Interesting.  I easily go over 40 MPH in my 2016 23 LSV with the Raptor 575 SC running a 2277 (15 x 15.75).   Not even tried WOT yet.  Hit ~42-43 MPH at 5000 RPM.  

4 hours ago, Stevo said:

Nice write up, how far back would you say it goes? I ve heard rumors

I didn't get to play with wedge or settings any yesterday whish I hope to tomorrow heck I'd say my wife was 25 ft or more back at times as she was more than the 25 ft rope accounting for the 6-7ft between tower and back of boat because when the rope was dropped she was surfing behind it dragging in the water I did as well as I'm not use to having to throw the rope so hard just a light toss and I nearly threw it too hard and hit someone so when I went for a run what I did is surf up closer to the back of thee boat and toss it on the back as not to whack my toddler in the head with a handle. Anyhow u know it's huge when the g23s are driving next to u and u look overy and they seem soo close to the boat.. no wonder those g23s need exhaust pipes ;)

Edited by The Hulk

I also found myself having to force myself to stay further back and one point I thought ohh there is no way I'll catch this wave again and sure enough I wish I could drive in another boat to look over and be able to compare the distance we are compared to others.. I want to bump it up past 11mph to see how long I can get it. FYI I tried a phase 5 carbon board been lickin my chops on one but does not even begin to compare to the Hyperlite shim.  The Hyperlite nearly doubles the rideable wave compared to every board I've tried. IMO nothing compares if u want to ramp/jump/spin/ride far back. U can now pick up blems for $350 trust me on this one! Bad thing about the 25lsv is my 360 attempts kept turning into 720s I'm sure I might be able to catch the wave again on a 720 now as before I just couldn't catch it.. so a 720 is my GOAL! 

36 minutes ago, Stevo said:

PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN

U know the sad part was I said.." record this I got it "and wifey said yeaaa right.. sooooo.. no recordings.. so nobody will believe me I'm sure haha... next time.. next time..

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, bbattiste247 said:

I really like the new boat! Nice! But I'd already be regretting winterizing in a month or two. 

Thanks! I only get 6-8 good weekends this time of year to really enjoy the season so it's my "fun time" sooo worth it!