Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 BOAT DELIVERY

ah2oguy

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, srvdtrouble said:

Picked her up on June 30th.  Last '17 off the line???  Had a great time on the delta with family and friends for the 4th weekend.  Made it out to Mandeville, but with the little ones, had to leave before the fireworks started.  

Huge thanks to Mike at Larson Marine in Stockton for the help on the build.  Took some advice from the wife on the tower color, interior suggestions from Mike and came out with a boat I always dreamed of owning.  Thanks to you all @ TMC, this forum provides so much information that is not available anywhere else.  Glad to be part of the crew.

Beautiful boat!! Was that on the 4th at Mandeville??!! Not very many boats. I heard it was slow.  You were surfing outside Paradise on the 4th. I was admiring your boat while waiting to pick up a couple people, then moved on out. 

14 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

Beautiful boat!! Was that on the 4th at Mandeville??!! Not very many boats. I heard it was slow.  You were surfing outside Paradise on the 4th. I was admiring your boat while waiting to pick up a couple people, then moved on out. 

Thanks! That was Mandeville on the 4th.  It was pretty slow out there compared to when the 4th lands on a weekend.  Below is a pic my buddy took with his drone.

That was us outside paradise.  First time behind the boat and was going real easy on it during break in. 

DJI_0049.jpg

1 hour ago, SonicVLX said:

We just jumped on the Malibu bandwagon after having a Mastercraft for the last 15 years ('17 21VLX).  We spent some time on the delta, but it seems overgrown this year, so we have spent most of our break in hours up at Don Pedro... although it was like a forest in the water up there!!! 

Welcome to TMC!

I love the green and black colors.

• 2 weeks later...

We found one online that had a lot more green, which is the one I wanted, but it was already sold... found this one about a month later.  Definitely my favorite color!!!  My boys named the boat "Wally," as in the green monster (Red Sox), so I just got the sticker made and put the name on the back (my profile pic).

17 minutes ago, SonicVLX said:

We found one online that had a lot more green, which is the one I wanted, but it was already sold... found this one about a month later.  Definitely my favorite color!!!  My boys named the boat "Wally," as in the green monster (Red Sox), so I just got the sticker made and put the name on the back (my profile pic).

Beautiful boat! Congrats and welcome.

Get many snickers at Wally displayed on the back of the boat? Not a term used around here too much but read some other boating forums for a bit and you'll see why.

47 minutes ago, jk13 said:

Beautiful boat! Congrats and welcome.

Get many snickers at Wally displayed on the back of the boat? Not a term used around here too much but read some other boating forums for a bit and you'll see why.

HA!!!  Yeah, we use the term... well, as a derogatory term, but when the boys made the connection between the green monster and the boat, we had to go with it!!!

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Raimie said:

Awesome, did you get in the water?

I didn't. I really wanted to but there's only 3.2 hours on the boat and I'm trying to strictly stick to the recommended break in. The manual suggests 10 hours before adding ballast so I'm going to try to get a few more cruising trips in to get those 10 hours in.