Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 BOAT DELIVERY

ah2oguy

Love the orange on the outside and how it is non existent on the interior (I love the orange and green flake on the outside but can't get on board with it in the interior). Really nice looking boat. 

Wow!   These pictures are EXACTLY why I was looking for help when I was designing mine.   Honestly, I didnt think I would like the color scheme when I saw the boat builder pictures, but the real thing looks fantastic!   Congrats!

10 hours ago, Zac said:

Love the orange on the outside and how it is non existent on the interior (I love the orange and green flake on the outside but can't get on board with it in the interior). Really nice looking boat. 

funny you mentioning that - I was playing with the orange interior but just couldn't get used to it so eventually chose charcoal/ebony/graphite as interior colors and also dropped the orange from the upholstery.  The build pic for the vinyl was also off - the light graphite looked like having a brown hue to it but that was obviously wrong.  The interior is not as flashy as it could be but it looks nice.

One more thing for others to consider:  The steps in the back of the trailer are a must - I thought I'd be okay because I have boat on a lift during the season and hardly trailer but lift isn't in yet.  On my old trailer I could easily step on the fender and get in but either the boat is wider or the trailer narrower - it's a pain to get in from the side (or I'm getting too old?).  Regret not having ordered them now :-( ... and on that note - board racks may not be sufficient - didn't get the PTM ones and have surfboard storage in the bimini but that requires to open it up which is a pain too - so will have to check what I can do for the upper racks ...

Rather than spending money on another set of racks, I would get an over the tower cover if your boat stays on the lift.  Swing racks in, leave Bimini deployed.  @Ronnie has a great setup (and is probably tired of me tagging him for his cover constantly). 

1 hour ago, hethj7 said:

Rather than spending money on another set of racks, I would get an over the tower cover if your boat stays on the lift.  Swing racks in, leave Bimini deployed.  @Ronnie has a great setup (and is probably tired of me tagging him for his cover constantly). 

That may not really be a solution ... I usually have to lower tower to get under lift canopy but nevertheless I check Ronnie's setup - assume there is a thread out there

22 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Nope, not tired of tagging. It's an awesome cover! I kept it when I sold the '16 and now it's on the '17.

can't find thread with your setup?

I have a 21VLX on the way. Should I have my local upholstery guy add fabric panels below the rub rail. I also want a cover for my: swim deck, Speakers, racks,tower, surf gates, boat house, wife and dog. COVERS on everything!