Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Weight/load capacity/ballast

KTC

Well, maybe boomer is right, but logically that doesn't make sense to me and is contrary to what I have heard. On the other hand, MB sports has a 2100# ballast which has got to be more than CG capacity.

I was told by a MC dealer at the Dallas boat show that the factory ballast on MC's will count against the capacity on the plate if you use them.

Of course, this was just MC.

Note, on Nautiques, there is a note pasted beside the weight plate:

"Correct Craft, Inc. installs a permanent wake enhancement ballast tank system in some models. The full weight of this system has already been considered in the boat weight, and therefore does not influence maximum capacity, unlike portable ballast tanks or weights, which must be included as part of gear weight."

On any wakeboard boat with built-in ballast from the factory, this is the case.

It's why Supra cannot use the large "Gravity Games" bags in their boats from the factory, but sell them aftermarket. If they came in the boat from the factory the left over capacity on the plate would be so low you'd be overweight all the time, heh.

hopefully this is short and sweet. We hashed this out on MBO. Anyone remember this great site. I have a friend who is the head of marine patrol for the Sheriffs office and he told me they are going to crack down on the boaters who are adding hundreds to thousands of extra weight via ballast that is not factory. these guys are not stupid as they make a living on the water policing all the stupids on the water that are in violation. the tower is not an issue with them as far a weight goes. they are looking at people, extra geer, beer and ballast that most people do not and cant use correctly. If we only had MBO you all could just look at the topic that had about 100 replies and 3000 views. take care and be safe.