Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

clean 94 echelon

2 hours ago, iwam said:

Here's my 93, bought it this summer with a seized engine, put a brand new 5.7 in.  Has 25 hrs so far

Boat looks great - and with a brand new engine it will be a "classic" for a long time.  Did you swap the engine out yourself?

2 hours ago, minnmarker said:

Boat looks great - and with a brand new engine it will be a "classic" for a long time.  Did you swap the engine out yourself?

Thanks. Yup, it was a big project for me but I took it slow and got her done

• 4 weeks later...

echie, The boat is looking great!!  I'd liek to see that color setup in person! 

One thing I notice and I can't help myself....,  those older flatter mirrors just don't give you the view you need when pulling a skier or a great view behind your boat!  Upgrading to a cipa 180 mirror will forever change your life.  The mirror has a nice natural curve to it and allows you to see a skier way outside.  I've thought this was the best investment for myself, most bang for your buck type of deal.  

Also, my mirror was mounted on the center window, With the new mirror I mounted it right in front of the driver so that way you all have to look up a little bit to see whats going on.  At 6'4 theres still plenty of room for me to see in front of the boat and the mirror doesn't obstruct my view.  I will try and get a pick uploaded but the thread below has some great before and afters.  See AHopkins post on page 2 of this thread for pictures and comparison. I think the total setup is around $150.

Mount

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EVILBOQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_5&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Mirror

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C9V1RJG/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p263_d1_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=0JS6GC607KT05DS9JFH3&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&pf_rd_i=desktop

What about this mirror?  Almost ordered it yesterday, but resisted.

https://www.amazon.com/CIPA-02022-Extreme-Marine-Mirror/dp/B0000BYQ8U/ref=sr_1_7?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1473891780&sr=1-7&keywords=ski+mirror

Echelon question to stay on topic....Does the raised area on the bow of the boat serve a purpose, or is it just a cool detail?  That seems to be the only difference (other than the graphics) between the body of an Echelon and a Response from the same time period.

Edited by powbmps
  • 3 years later...