Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wake the World photos

hethj7

I am so excited to host the first event in Wisconsin this year!  We will have about 20 kids out on the water.  Just praying for good weather and for everything to go semi-smooth.  I know there is a lot to learn with anything, so hopefully some good takeaways to make it as awesome as the events I see on here.

• Like 2

I am sure Wisconsin will go great.   In the end, all that matters is the kids, so any of the bumps along the way are forgotten once they get on the water.  Keep them safe and let them have fun - that is really all it boils down to!

I participated for the first time at the event at Kerr Lake in NC on Monday and it was an awesome experience.  We had seven boats (8 if you count the tige that was having fuel delivery issues) and 24 kids.  The kids were great and really enjoyed themselves.  The best for me was seeing several of the kids turn their fear of the water into pure joy.  Even got one girl who didn't want to get in the water at first to try wake surfing.   We also got several of the kid's counselors out on the water for the first time.   I will definitely be doing this again.

Awesome!  We participated in the SML event yesterday.  It's the third year and it's been steadily growing.  The first year was about like what you described.  This year we had 21 boats and over 110 kids!  It's a great event and I love sharing the water and boat with the kids who wouldn't be able to enjoy it otherwise!

Awesome! We had a great time at the Michigan - West WTW event last week and are looking forward to doing it again at the Michigan - East event next week!!  This is my first year participating and it was a blast!  The kids truly had the time of their lives!!

The NorCal crew had their event on 8/3/16. I think a great time was had by all. I believe there were about 50 kids and 12 boats. We had 5 kids and the father of 3 of the boys. We got 4 kids to try wakeboarding. Two of the kids kind of got up and 1 got up and rode for about 20 feet! They all loved tubing!

Hope to do it again.

C88AEC68-2FFE-48AD-AA95-8320B93BC642_zps
00E6687D-3188-4E6F-87F2-D6BDD60D5F09_zps
ACCE363D-EA55-4883-B1C9-A8E7C967D77E_zps
7467A1D0-7695-43BF-A480-461E0130A8B3_zps
8175B202-DDBD-49DC-BD8D-7F507D76AB3D_zps

Edited by teamerickson
  • Like 3

I was there with teamerickson. These events are something special. 

image_50.jpeg

image_12.png

image_13.png

i took away some great memories from our second inaugural event.

Nothing like 14 wakeboats pulling tubes on a small lake. Feel sorry for the weekday warriors who got out on a Wednesday morning looking for some calm water.