Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New to me 06' LXi advice needed/sought

15offer

Hello:

Just upgraded from a 1990 MC PS 190 to a 06' LXi.     I have searched through some previous threads, but can't find anything conclusive and would love some guidance.

1)  I would like to find the closest Tower to the Factory XTP tower.  Local MB dealer does NOT carry Xtreme Towers.   Compromise for Wakeboarding kids.    I would like to keep the stock Bimini.

2) Our Boat has Malibu CC.   It "feels" fast by at least  4 mph.     I am really considering PP Wakeboard Edition.    We only get on the course every so often and no is past 22 off - yet!!     Has anyone made the change/upgrade?

3) I don't like how the nose rests on the front of the Extreme Trailer.   The V bunk under the bow doesn't really support the boat IMHO.   Not sure what to do.

4) Does anyone have the dimensions or build a factory looking "jump" seat?    I've seen some basic ones but would prefer something more custom.

5) Anything else I should be concerned about?   

Thanks in advance !!

Tom

I searched and searched for almost a year for a XTP tower (which is the stock one), and/or a Titan III, and cannot find on for our model.  talked to XTP and the new design for the TXI is different, they will not make one for our model. Skylon Swoop was an OEM tower for the first few years of the LXI and LX models.  I live near Proflight and will be taking my boat in later this week to add one.  I believe most towers are narrower up top, which will require a different or possibly modify the OEM bimini.  I'm going to try to modify mine, if not I'll have to order one.

Can't help with Malibu CC, I use PP 3 event and love it, I didn't install it.

I'm no help with the jump seat, but use the throwable square vest if someone needs to sit there.

The pins for the wedge can be sticky, make sure when changing position, both pins are engaged before taking off.

Enjoy, I upgraded to an LXI last year, and absolutely love the boat!