Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Water in oil 2013 wakesetter 24lsv 160 hrs

jimbisch

Backstory had an oil change battery change and fuel filter change by a new service tech department at 160 hrs at my marina....

At 161.5 hrs boat began misfiring and went into idle mode eng temp 160 oil pressure good and limped back to marina at approx 5 mph......

now I am being  told there is water in my oil.. So I am told it is either a exhaust water leak or a blown head on motor...

I know little about boat engines but is it possible the service tech did something wrong when they changed the oil they could cause water to all of a sudden be in the oil? I am not sure if that is possible or not?

any advice is welcomed as to what if any steps I can take moving forward...

thanks

jim

Nothing with an oil change should cause the problems. That said if the oil change did not go way out of a normal procedure. Might start with a look at the spark plugs. Do you have a bad cylinder or cylinders. A good shop can run a leak down test an find many problems without pulling a engine down. You could have ingested water through the exhaust. A bad head gasket. It does need more looking into. A simple compression check can tell a lot. A bad riser gasket?   Good luck. 

1 hour ago, Sixball said:

Nothing with an oil change should cause the problems. That said if the oil change did not go way out of a normal procedure. Might start with a look at the spark plugs. Do you have a bad cylinder or cylinders. A good shop can run a leak down test an find many problems without pulling a engine down. You could have ingested water through the exhaust. A bad head gasket. It does need more looking into. A simple compression check can tell a lot. A bad riser gasket?   Good luck. 

Riser gasket?  Modern engines don't have those, ETX manifolds are one piece.

Edited by oldjeep