Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Do we still get a discount from Earmark Audio?

OLDGUY

I would like to ask you some advice. I was going to order a JL HD750/1  off Earmarks website. Do they still offer a "Malibu Crew" discount? If so should I call them to get the discount? One other thing when I get it I'm going to need some instruction. I down loaded the manual and this amp has adjustments on it I have no idea what to set them too. Thanks.oing to order it off Earmarks website.

For the paid members the discount code for Earmark is over in the Resources section. I bought my Rev 10s and a 420 from them. It was a good experience. If you call them you will get your questions answered. Once the new toys hit the front door just post up, the guys will steer you right if need more help.

28 minutes ago, OLDGUY said:

I would like to ask you some advice. I was going to order a JL HD750/1  off Earmarks website. Do they still offer a "Malibu Crew" discount? If so should I call them to get the discount? One other thing when I get it I'm going to need some instruction. I down loaded the manual and this amp has adjustments on it I have no idea what to set them too. Thanks.oing to order it off Earmarks website.

Contact Odin directly. I'm sure you'll get the Crew discount no prob.

Most important, is that Odin is the best at providing the instruction on the set-up and settings. Odin has tons of car and marine audio experience but also moonlighted as the sound engineer for touring bands in a live venue....which is beyond complex.    

• 5 weeks later...

Another +1 for Earmark.  I bought all my gear for my install from Odin.  SD4, HD750/1, EQS, JL12W6v3.  Prompt shipping and great support as I installed it all myself cuz I like to do that kind of thing.

I spent the day yesterday at the Plano office.  It was interesting sitting off to the side working away on my day job while they went about business as usual.  These guys are big time pros and well trained.  I saw a beautiful tint job done a new Corvette.  A classic car restorer made happy with a difficult problem solved.  A plethora of more mundane customers came and went satisfied.  And then the callers... I learned a few new ways to politely ask people if they had indeed plugged there phone into the Aux port! LOL.  The storefront was rarely quiet.  The whole time the staff was very charismatic and knowledgeable.  I never once heard them push products or up-sell. Instead they focused on their clients desire and needs and fit them to the right solution.  Made me feel pretty good about the work going on in the back on my VLX.

I even finally got to meet Odin face to face.  Very cool guy!

Now the best for last.  OMG Javier is a tuning master.  Every speaker in the boat got a custom balance and tune through my EQS.  It sounds awesome.  If anyone in north Texas wants some work done on their boat I heartily recommend Earmark in Plano.  If the tint tech hadn't been suddenly ill I'd have had some tint and paint film put on as well.  Another day.

Edited by Slurpee

Quote ^^^: ["Now the best for last.  OMG Javier is a tuning master.  Every speaker in the boat got a custom balance and tune through my EQS.  It sounds awesome.  If anyone in north Texas wants some work done on their boat I heartily recommend Earmark in Plano."]

Having those tuning skills was no accident. Earmark was using prosound RTAs for tuning systems since the early '80s and one of the first audio dealers in the nation to adopt DSP in the early '90s from Alpine F1 Status and Sony ES. They won the world finals car audio sound-off competition, all classes inclusive, with this vehicle: http://www.earmarkcaraudio.com/install_technovan.asp , which was built custom by Earmark from an empty shell.

Odin (Plano), Joe (Lewisville), and their crews, are continuing a long tradition, since 1980. Once a member of Earmark until a little over 3 years ago, I'm really proud of where they are going.