Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help!! Purple staining on leather from cover on sitting in sun?

MileHighWakeSetter

Hey everyone, I picked an 06 LSV 23 with only 106 hrs on it and the interior was perfect.  I have inside storage for the winters here in Colorado but summer its outside at my place.  I started to get this purple fading on the leather right behind the X tower and I thought it was from water that was water collecting in the middle of the nice black Malibu cover it came with.  However after someone ran a red light and t-bone'd my truck, the boat sat for three weeks until my truck was fixed.  I did check it during that time but this past couple of weeks its been hot and the purple has gotten worse.  Weird thing is it goes away when out in the sun.... But its starting to not go away completely and i'm starting to get concerned that one day it won't go away at all.  Anyone seen this or know whats going on?  Old cover and need new one??  I've never seen this with my other boats. 

Thanks!

KJ