Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

protection against the surf rope for the bimini

BrianC

hey guys,

I was out this past weekend and I saw a Malibu that had some type of black padding on the first 3-4 feet of there surf rope to prevent chaffing on the back topside of the bimini.

What materials do you think that would help protect the bimini rubbing against the surf rope when first starting out.

Thanks!

That was probably a wake jack.

We run the rope through the zipper onto the tow ball and you will not have any issues with it touching the top of the bimini.

If you have experienced surfers you can run the rope off the ski pylon as another option.  A little harder to get up but nice not having the rope hanging down after someone starts riding.

Edited by Fman

That might have been my boat or a family member's boat. We both both use a slalom skiiing "shock tube" around the surf rope to keep it from rubbing on the bimini. Was it an orange and black boat on Bullard's Bar or a red, white, and grey boat on the delta that you saw?

The Malibu branded shock tube is available from Bakes:
http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=2050

Thanks guys

The one from bakes looks like it..

Fman

we have a lot of experienced riders but there is always one newbie almost every time we launch out of rivers end.