Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stereo issue

Steve B.

I bought the boat about 6 months ago. 2002 Sunsetter Lxi. 4 Rockford tower speakers, 4 Rockford cabin speakers, 1 sub. 2 amps, and a set of 3 volume controls by the head unit controlling sub, cabin level, and tower level.

System rocked the house !  Until yesterday, never ran it hard. Turned down the volume to zero at head unit and heard weird thumping in amp area. Turned back up seemed ok. Then did it again. Then lost almost all volume, except sub. But all speakers still work, just at extemely low volume. I had made no adjustments during this time.

Seem like no pre amp level maybe. I see on the underside of the dash a "Medallion" unit. Not sure if this is for gauges or stereo.

I guess my first test will be to send a line level signal with MP4 player directly to amps to see if I have good amp level.

Any help would be appreciated !  Thanks !

Steve B.