Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu sportster noise from stereo with engine on

phantom

went out 2 weeks ago and had water go over my windshield of my 2000 sportster and immediately heard noise From my speakers. I thought it was the amp so I replaced it with a new one and the same problem when I went out yesterday and the engine is turned on. If anyone can give me some advice on how to fix this problem I would be really grateful, can't enjoy a boat without tunes. When boat is off the stereo sounds great. 

On 7/24/2016 at 6:10 AM, Arick said:

Run a ground wire straight from the stereo to the battery.  That fixed all my feedback issues.

I did not think it would work but you my friend are a genius!

On 7/28/2016 at 1:30 AM, phantom said:

I did not think it would work but you my friend are a genius!

Glad it worked!  That info was passed on to me from a local stereo place.   I had the same issue and he suggested I try that.  Glad I could help!