Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

looking into purchasing a 2014 axis T22... help with a couple questions

bjw444

Hello, 

I am looking at a 2014 Axis T22 with 350 Monsoon, PNP, surfgate, wedge, Sound pack 3, and a bunch of there options.  

My question is what changes were made to the 2015 and newer t22?

I know the tower, single exhaust, and transmission, along with ballast drain port locations.  

What did the transmission ratio go from(2014)  and what is it currently (2015+)?

Is there any reason to stay away from a 2014 and look for a 2015+??

I just sold my 2002 mastercraft x star so this will be a hell of an upgrade! 

rob 

• Like 1

Here is what i found on the Axis forum -2015-350hp PCM with 1.72:1 gear ratio. 2014 and older years base motor was an Indmar 330hp with a 1.47:1 (I believe) gear ratio. 

Our t-22 has been awesome. We run the 2419 prop with 750lb plug and play in the rear with the under bow bag that is a couple hundred pounds (I assume). We also run lead and my boat does awesome with that 2419 prop.  We have had 0 issues with the boat in the 2 years we have owned it.   

• Like 2

The newer gear ratio may be nice but Acme now has some props that are even more aggressive then the 2419. Don't think the older gear ratio is a deal killer  

I run a similar setup to Willis except 900s in the back. I'm able to wakeboard with all that weight. 

Where do you live? Mine might befor sale soon! :) 

I think the dash changed for 15?

Edited by teamerickson

thanks guys! thats what I was worried about (that the transmission/engine combo wouldn’t be good for tons of ballast).  But it seems that as long as i put the correct prop i should be fine?

I live in pittsburgh pa looking to buy something ASAP and if I don’t find anything soon ill take my time and look over the winter. 

I am looking for a 2014+ A22, A24, T22, or T23 

I'm only a few hours away in Columbus, Ohio and was planning on listing my boat up next month if you're interested and want to make the drive I'd be happy to take you out on the water.

There were quite a few changes from 2014 to 2015 on the T22's even though the hull itself stayed the same. Tower, Bimini w/ rope storage/surf board straps, engine/exhaust, transmission gearing, dash layout, vinyl material/layout, stereo components, and probably some others I'm not recalling right now. You can't go wrong with either I would think but I prefer the newer tower, increased gear ratio when running heavy and all wetsounds stereo is better in my opinion.

• Like 1

I have a 2016 T23 that is for sale. Warranty is transferable.  We just haven't been able to get out as much as we would like due to the girls being young.  I can email or PM you my information if your interested.

On 7/24/2016 at 11:49 AM, That Guy said:

I'm only a few hours away in Columbus, Ohio and was planning on listing my boat up next month if you're interested and want to make the drive I'd be happy to take you out on the water.

There were quite a few changes from 2014 to 2015 on the T22's even though the hull itself stayed the same. Tower, Bimini w/ rope storage/surf board straps, engine/exhaust, transmission gearing, dash layout, vinyl material/layout, stereo components, and probably some others I'm not recalling right now. You can't go wrong with either I would think but I prefer the newer tower, increased gear ratio when running heavy and all wetsounds stereo is better in my opinion.

What boat are you going to get to replace the T22?