Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2773 + SV23 = Win

Nitrousbird

My wife damaged our spare and we upgraded.  The 1939 we had on the boat was fine.  With the addition of the FAE, I went from a top speed of high 46MPH to high 41MPH last year.  Still had plenty of power, but once we added a surf device and weighted the boat more evenly, I felt a little more power wouldn't be bad.

In comes the Acme 2773.  15x13, .105.  The results are excellent.

At 10.5MPH, I dropped 200RPM, even though this is a more aggressive prop.  I was using less throttle too, so fuel consumption will go down for sure.

Top speed increased by .5MPH...bonus.  I think this is due to it allowing the motor to rev out better...still had another 150RPM before the 5800RPM rev limiter.  Not sure how it would react on the non-LS1 motors that have a much lower RPM limit.

Big hit on cruising RPM.  I never logged what the 1939 was, but it is a good 400-500RPM higher across the board after 20MPH.

On big lakes (once a year, tops), I will switch back to the 1939 for fuel economy.  Otherwise this prop is staying - it performed very well.  I think it helped lengthen my wake a bit too when surfing.

My weight setup:

- 900lbs in each rear locker
- 300lbs under the port seat
- 500 in the ski locker
- 300 in the bow
- 100 lead in the front bow walkway under the filler cushion
- 100 lead under the very rear starboard seat, another 100 lead under the very back of the port seat, between where the rear locker and port seat bags meet
- Floating wedge
- Faux-nix Eight.3 Wakeshaper (same as the Ronix but a rip off design)
- Minimal crew, buddy driving, wife and my 5 year old
- Custom surf flap to fix the severe spray issue on the top of the wave caused by the FAE.  No exposed bags anywhere.

• Like 2
On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 5:12 AM, Nitrousbird said:

With the addition of the FAE, I went from a top speed of high 46MPH to high 41MPH last year.

I thought the FAE was inefficient but I didn't think I would kill that much power.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 5:12 AM, Nitrousbird said:

At 10.5MPH, I dropped 200RPM, even though this is a more aggressive prop.  I was using less throttle too, so fuel consumption will go down for sure.

I believe the MEFI puts out a Gallon per Hour message, it would be interesting to monitor this to see if the fuel consumption did indeed go down.

5 hours ago, MadMan said:

I thought the FAE was inefficient but I didn't think I would kill that much power.

I believe the MEFI puts out a Gallon per Hour message, it would be interesting to monitor this to see if the fuel consumption did indeed go down.

I think restriction + additional drag is what killed my top end.  My ECU is the CEFI-3...not sure if that logs fuel consumption, but I doubt it.

9 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

I think restriction + additional drag is what killed my top end.  My ECU is the CEFI-3...not sure if that logs fuel consumption, but I doubt it.

The have to CEFI 3 also, it's the same as a MEFI 3.  Ingmar's'  documentation shows a GPH fuel consumption message, but I don't have a tool to read it.