Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Are there any comp vest for busty gals?

vanamp

My wife wants a comp vest but the problem is she is very "gifted" up top.  Most of the women pro riders are not as gifted as my wife and the comp vests seem to be cut for them. She is currently in a Large womens CGA vest (hyper light from Costco) but cannot seem to find a comp vest that will fit. I also want a comp vest but need to make sure the wife is all squared away first.

Anyone have any recommendations?

15 minutes ago, Rednucleus said:

If we had a bunch of pics we would probably be able to make better recommendations (sorry, had a big Manhattan when I got home tonight, think it's impairing my usual good judgement on what I choose to post)

Lol, beat me to it!

I would check out the ones that are front zip vs pullover type

• Like 2

Actually, the oneill vest she's reaching for is the exact one my wife just bought at the start of the season. 
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014JNKRG0/ 

She's rather... "gifted" in certain areas as well. She loves it. She got a size 6. Fit very tight till she got in the water with it, then it broke in nicely. Fits like a glove now. 

And, because ttiwwop... 

IMG_3603_zpso9yxofot.jpg

IMG_0302_zps57bn6pdk.jpg

Edited by ibelonginprison
  • Like 3

Well that's a great start to a morning!

You could also just have one custom made.  Lake Elmo Sports will do it, Eagle, Barefoot central, etc.

• Like 2

Short answer is no...there isn't a good vest for the 'busty gals' My wife has been down this road and we ended up returning everything we purchased. She just has to squeeze them into a XL costco vest and deal with it...but lucky for her she rides maybe once a year so it's not a big issue.

2 hours ago, soonerbilly said:

Is she "gifted" or "enhanced"? Makes a bit of a difference in the plyability/moldability of the assets in question.

Good point. My wife is very much enhanced. And the squishability is deeeeefinitely different.
The Oneill though, since it's so stretch, works for her because one she got it wet and stretched out a few times it formed to her and fit her nicely. 

She liked hers so much so, that I went and bought one for myself. 

2 hours ago, boardjnky4 said:

aaaaaand the thread has delivered! :yahoo:

You know I got you, fam.

• Like 2

Don't limit yourself to women's vests, they tend to be on the short side as well, my wife sports a men's liquid force front zip comp vest

87008236-A1D5-4B5A-9582-1280F1241064_zps

23 hours ago, IXFE said:

A wise man once said...

"Stop it. I'm trying to enjoy my vacation, not trying to think about having to work harder"

I believe that was Nietzsche

Edited by Stevo
  • Like 2

Thanks for all the replies,  We are going to try a few mens comp vest for a short term solution but wife really likes the idea of a custom vest (I never knew custom vests were available) and that is probably the route we will eventually go.

On July 22, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Michigan boarder said:

Go to this site:

http://www.dolphinwetsuits.com/flo-mo-with-shape/

They will customize one for you however you like.  Do it once, and she's good for a long time.

+1 for dolphin. The owner Bugsy is a great guy and will custom build to your wife's measurements. All of the girls on our ski team use these including my own daughter. Just understand that they are not a buoyant as CGA vests. 

1 hour ago, TCdave said:

Just understand that they are not a buoyant as CGA vests. 

Have you guys ever looked at Rubber Jungle's vests? Those things are as buoyant or more so than anything USCG approved. They have padding on the sides that nothing from the US has (better protection when learning inverts). Plus they will make them to anyone's size.

On July 22, 2016 at 0:48 PM, ibelonginprison said:

Good point. My wife is very much enhanced. And the squishability is deeeeefinitely different.
The Oneill though, since it's so stretch, works for her because one she got it wet and stretched out a few times it formed to her and fit her nicely. 

She liked hers so much so, that I went and bought one for myself. 

You know I got you, fam.

He liked hers so much he bought the same one. 

Todd looks great in purple. 

• Like 2