Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stereo distorshion when Blue Tooth Ipod connected to Stereo

moir

should I turn Ipod volume all the way down or up? What happens is that when we turn the volume up high enough to hear it well while wakeboarding we get bad distortion

In my experience, sound quality diminishes quickly above 75% volume on most BT transmitters, with the apple devises being the worst. Also the internal EQs have great effect when listening through head phones, but really kill the SQ when using BT or hard wired using the 3.5MM. Set the EQ to off or flat.

After that, what BT are you using? We've experienced some external universal BTs that are saturating the AUX inputs of the head units, resulting in poor SQ at the higher volume levels.  

2 hours ago, carguy79ta said:

What is the "distortion detection tool"? Is it an app or is it a device that measures distortion.

Like Tim said, the Steve Meade Design DD-1. Really helps finding the max non-distortion level for each device in the chain then hooking it to your amps to set the gains. It is a great tuning tool...made a big difference in my setup.