Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Kinetik 3800blu

Twitch02x

I have 4 amps

a RF 500.2, RF 400.4, Wetsounds SYN 2, and aSYN 4

Will 2 hc3800blu along with 1 wet cell give a decent amount of engine off play time? Should I keep the kinetek batteries out of the alternator loop and just use my minnkota 4 bank on them?

Keep all batteries in the alternator loop, with the appropriate switching, plus use your shore charger. Not using the alternator to service the stereo bank will result in deeper discharges, followed by lower battery performance, followed by a shorter battery lifespan.

7 hours ago, Twitch02x said:

Will 2 hc3800blu along with 1 wet cell give a decent amount of engine off play time?

Thats 270 Ah, so not bad, but it will depend on whats decent amount of play time for you and what your estimated current draw is. In reality, we typically dont play all 3 zones at a very high level while at anchor. With boat still and engine off, part volume is still pretty loud. 

7 hours ago, Twitch02x said:

Should I keep the kinetek batteries out of the alternator loop and just use my minnkota 4 bank on them?

No. Lets say you put in a solid 4-5 hours of riding, before heading to the party cove. You've already taken that much of the battery reserve off the top. Wont leave much for anchoring.  

If it were my money - I'd but lead acid deep cycle Deka Marine batteries.

i have used optima, Deka AGM and Deka wet cell.  Won't every stray from the Deka marine lead acid.  

Save your money!!

Never heard of deka marine batteries, I'll look into them 

I'm trying to get new batteries back in the boat and having a hard time hunting down the kinetiks. Is there any other brands that are comparable that I can look at??

Deka is a prime supplier. West Marine re-brands Deka, as do others. Good batteries.

A Deka group 31 AGM is 105 A/Hs. Below the Kinetik 3800 and a little smaller & lighter, but still very substantial. And it's easy to find a 31 case & lid.