Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Depth gauge fading

Hey guys, I have a 01 Vlx and the numbers on my lowerance 3500 depth gauge recently started fading. I can read it a little bit but haven't been in a huge rush to get it fixed because our local lake is deep so I'm not to worried. I am wondering is there anything I can do to make sure it's not a connection problem before I have to replace it with a new one. I'm hoping it's something small. It was working last year and the beginning of this year then it all started...Any ideas welcome, thanks. 

The numbers on the display itself are fading out where you cant read them?  I'd double check your ground and power. Make sure both have proper connection first. Could unplug the wiring from the transducer and see if there is any corrosion on the pins or sockets. Other than that, I would think you would be looking for a replacement.