Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Finally peeled off the black grip tape stuff

kx250frider617

I finally got fed up with the grip tape that came on my axis. I liked the look and it definitely functioned like it was supposed to, but I found out it just doesn't last in the heat. It was 123 degrees in Havasu last month and that stuff got so hot and maluable that it melted through when I dug my knee into it while pulling up my anchor. 

I also had had a problem where the black residue would melt and get all over my interior and gelcoat. 

Now for for those without it, do you have a problem slipping off the bow when jumping on your boat? I want to do gator step or sea deck but just don't have the funds at the moment. 

It's not necessary for jumping. Just use a little caution and common sense. Gator step is awesome. I have a couple pieces and love it. I plan to do my entire floor in a year or 2.

• 9 months later...

I have it on my 2005 Response LX going to the bow.  What did you use to remove the left over residue without damaging the boat?