Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

05 vs. 06 Vride Differences

IceMelted

I'm looking at a 05 Vride, and the details of what options the boat was ordered with are a bit sketchy at this point. Does anyone know if there are any specific differences between the 05 & 06 model years? Standard Features vs. Options?

If this has already been discussed in another thread, please accept my apologies, and just point me in the right direction.

Edited by IceMelted
I'm looking at a 05 Vride, and the details of what options the boat was ordered with are a bit sketchy at this point. Does anyone know if there are any specific differences between the 05 & 06 model years? Standard Features vs. Options?

If this has already been discussed in another thread, please accept my apologies, and just point me in the right direction.

A few things I am aware of: in 06 they added a spring feature on the illusion tower under the gunwales that helps to lower it......I have never lowered mine but understand that this is a nice improvement over the 05's as the tower is pretty heavy, especially if you have racks/speakers, etc.

Also the 06's have a tower mounted nav light...no longer need the pole at the stern. I want to say that the fancy billet dash that is on the current models was not on the 05's but could be wrong about that.

Also Malibu cruise control is a standard feature on the 06's but wasn't available in 05....would have to have ordered it with perfect pass that year.

This is all I can think of off hand. If I am wrong on any of this I am sure some others on here will be able to correct me.

Hope this helps!

In addition to Duke's list, fly by wire, carpet, availability of the power wedge in '06, availability of gps correction on the speedo for '05....a few other things that I'm not bringing to mind at the moment. (You're not wrong about the dash trim, add to that the availability of a billet glove box.)

Also Malibu cruise control is a standard feature on the 06's but wasn't available in 05....would have to have ordered it with perfect pass that year.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, I was wondering specifically about this.. I wasn't sure when this became a "Standard" feature.

In addition to Duke's list, fly by wire, carpet, availability of the power wedge in '06, availability of gps correction on the speedo for '05....a few other things that I'm not bringing to mind at the moment. (You're not wrong about the dash trim, add to that the availability of a billet glove box.)

Is GPS correction not available on the '06?

Someone mentioned GPS correction in one of the other threads and I asked about it because I couldn't find any reference to it in the manual.

The reply to me at the time was "yes" you can correct the "cruise control" with a GPS device... no instructions though.

I still haven't found out how to do it in the manual, I figured I was just skimming over it, now I'm wondering if it's there.

Is GPS correction not available on the '06?

Someone mentioned GPS correction in one of the other threads and I asked about it because I couldn't find any reference to it in the manual.

The reply to me at the time was "yes" you can correct the "cruise control" with a GPS device... no instructions though.

I still haven't found out how to do it in the manual, I figured I was just skimming over it, now I'm wondering if it's there.

Nope, not on the '06 models. I asked specifically about it when we ordered & was told that they'd done away with it.

If you get a hand held GPS, bring up the digital speedo on the Big Screen, Push and hold the "E" Button until speed flashes, then you can adjust it either way with the up and down arrows

all the following info is correct from DUKE and others. There were some smaller options like interior options, that were available on 06' and not 05' but I think your question has been answered already.

Well, I did it. The differences between the 05 vs. 06 were not substantial enough, (in my opinion) to continue looking for an 06.

I ended up with a 05 Vride, with 29 hours. Yahoo.gif It should be a nice improvement from my 97 RLX with over 1300 hours.

Thanks to everyone, for your input and knowledge.

sounds like a great deal and that is the same choice I would have made. Good luck and hope we can see some pics in the future.

Now, I think I made out pretty good, but since everyone here is really one of my peers.... Lets see what you think would have been a fair price.

2005 Malibu Vride

320 LCR / 29 hours

Fiberglass Platform

Wedge 23

Triple Ballast

Titan III W/two Titan board Racks

S/A Trailer W/Swing Tongue

Full Cover

Sony CD w/6 speakers

Exterior is in Showroom Condition

Interior is Vinyl Very Good, (I need to go through it with Magic Eraser..) Carpet = Brand New..

I'll post price after some estimates.

Now, I think I made out pretty good, but since everyone here is really one of my peers.... Lets see what you think would have been a fair price.

2005 Malibu Vride

320 LCR / 29 hours

Fiberglass Platform

Wedge 23

Triple Ballast

Full Cover

Sony CD w/6 speakers

Interior is Vinyl Very Good, (I need to go through it with Magic Eraser..) Carpet = Brand New..

$39,850.00 saw it on flip sell, did you get it for less or did you pay what he wanted. I thought I reconized that picture that you had in the avatar

2005 Malibu Vride

320 LCR / 29 hours

Fiberglass Platform

Wedge 23

Triple Ballast

Full Cover

Sony CD w/6 speakers

$39,850.00 saw it on flip sell, did you get it for less or did you pay what he wanted. I thought I reconized that picture that you had in the avatar

$32,000

It is always good when you can get a good deal. That was a great one and I would feel good about your decision.