Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

22vlx wakeboard weight recipes

Fman

I'm towing some advanced riders this week and wanted to see what you guys are doing over stock ballast for wakeboard wakes?  I have 900's in each locker with a 700 lb bow bag.  Will have about 10 people in the boat all week.  Looking for a sweet setup without using the bow bag, will need the bow for passengers.

Thanks for any recipes...:-)

With that many people in the boat, I'd say ditch some of the ballast as people are the ballast.

I have pro level riders in my VLX and usually run 750s in the rear and a 650 bow bag, and 200 pounds of lead in the bow (no bow tank), and wedge on 2 for wakeboarding with about 4 of us in the boat.  They are more than satisfied.  

• Like 2
6 hours ago, wakebrdr94 said:

With that many people in the boat, I'd say ditch some of the ballast as people are the ballast.

I have pro level riders in my VLX and usually run 750s in the rear and a 650 bow bag, and 200 pounds of lead in the bow (no bow tank), and wedge on 2 for wakeboarding with about 4 of us in the boat.  They are more than satisfied.  

I had what amounted to that same formula last weekend on my VLX and it'd make you cry if you didn't know what you were doing. :)  Heck for beginners the wake with just the center tank and a few people is good enough for teaching and easy wake to wakes.  I love this boat..

I definitely agree the 22 throws a great wakeboard wake out of the box...prob my favorite wake of any Malibu I have owned.  I just have a few friends and my son that always want to have the biggest wake possible...

• Like 1