Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sportster for wakeboarding

phantom

I have a 2000 Sportster LX  closed bow with a wedge and 400lb on both sides of the engine, with 270 lb in the bow. Anyone know of a better configuration to get a good wake for wakeboarding. My goal is to go from one end of the wake to the other (jump). I have a rope that can adjust from 75 to 60 feet, any advice on rope length and ballast configuration to get the perfect wake, do i need to have my wedge up or down for the wake as well. Ive been trying at 75 feet but I never feel any high wake for that pop to get to the next wake. Also any advice on getting myself setup to hit the wake for the pop? Ive heard people say to carve hard in, push feet down then jump. Any advice would be appreciated. This forum rocks by the way, Malibu owners really know their stuff!

Sounds like you have enough ballast to get a good enough wake. Wedge should be down. The longer line length generally requires a faster speed to clear the wakes because the wakes are farther apart the farther you are behind the boat. As far as the approach and jump go, there are several different types of cuts depending on what you want to do. There is a good video on YouTube that shows the differences, but I can't find it right now... maybe try shortening the line 5 ft aND pulling at 19.5 mph. For me, clearing the wake at 75 ft requires about 21.5 mph.