Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop help,. head is spinning

NHolladay

OK guys I have something twisting my brain.  I got a new prop after a slight Powell rock intro my kind friend made with my boat.  They put an 1804 which is a right handed 14.5x17.75 .135 cup.  My spare is a 417 14x20 Left Handed prop.  So I looked 1805 is the 1804 LH.  So did they put the wrong prop on or am I tripping.  I like the 1804 better which led me to really look at this.  Can you use either direction prop.  If the 1804 is the wrong direction the insurance co can buy me the right one.  Please school me here.  And a final stupid question.  You cannot just flip them right.  How do you tell which direction to put toward the back of the boat?.

no, you can't flip the prop.  If you started with a left handed prop and they installed a right handed prop,  you're going to win every race in reverse.   

But I have had the boat out for 2 years witha RH prop and loved it.  Good power plenty of speed.  The LH is OK not like the boat really goes backward when in gear.  Has never happened to me anyway.  Would it really go backwards when I put it in gear?.  My question  is can you use both or NO

Right good point.  So do you know if a RH and a LH would really make you go in reverse.  All of the info days But is all LH maybe the 8.1 is different. Still does not explain why a LH and a RH both work.  I got an issue

35 minutes ago, Stevo said:

pics are gonna solve this debate

This x 10. There's no way you've been successfully using a RH Rotation Prop on a LH Rotation Boat. Crawl under your swim platform and read the numbers on the hub of your prop. Than report back.  

As initially suspected I have not been defying physics.  In fact they are both  LH props.  I was looking at it all wrong.  Still have a slight vibration bit prop issue solved.  Thank you