Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Storage compartment organization

LKAMalibuMXZ

New owner of a 2012 MXZ. Very impressed with the amount of storage lockers and curious how people have found the best way to organize them. The two coolers in the back are awesome for when hanging out in the water, but being right next to the hot engine doesn't make it an all-day option. We've started putting our shoes there instead. Then there is the small, long storage bin in the center seat of the playpen, that seems kind of useless.

Anyway, just wondering if people have come up with efficient way to organize their stuff. Opinions welcome.

MXZ here as well. My ski, vests, wetsuits, box anchor, and buoys go under the Port Side Seats. Smaller odds and ends under the centre rear seat. Cooler bag in the cooler locker. I try to keep as much stuff as I can out of the lockers so it makes operating the bags much easier. They usually have a bunch of beach toys for the kids in there though. Starboard rear cooler tray has cloths, 303 Aerospace, Wax-as-u-Dry, and Rain X Cleaner. I try not to keep much in the rear coolers as they come out when the PnP's get filled (time for custom bags). But that's the only place sandals are allowed on my boat. But for the most part sandals and shoes stay on the dock. Anybody that argues that gets to stay on the dock and guard everybody's shoes. Warming tray above the engine just has gloves and ropes. That works best for us. Every family has their own way that works best for them.