Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Exile Tower Volume Controller

DAI

Is the best way to go around the bow?  Is 17ft enough for a 23LSV?  Also, do you take power that route as well or try to fish it a different way?  Close to making my decision (no kids needed :P )

I plan on routing the same path as the current sub volume control line and head unit back box line.  Plan B is to go in behind the bow tank.  Plan C would be to go all round the bow. Was planning on my power the same route.

Edited by DAI

I received the ZLD and bluetooth and finally got around to start the install (finally cooled down from mid 90s here).  I got the 4 pair of RCA lines and power lines ran, ended going aft the bow tank along side the other lines.  Once I drop the amp rack, how much slack should I expect in the wires and how hard is it to remount?  It looks like it is held up by 2 screws.  

9 hours ago, DAI said:

I received the ZLD and bluetooth and finally got around to start the install (finally cooled down from mid 90s here).  I got the 4 pair of RCA lines and power lines ran, ended going aft the bow tank along side the other lines.  Once I drop the amp rack, how much slack should I expect in the wires and how hard is it to remount?  It looks like it is held up by 2 screws.  

As I recall, It's held by THREE screws (one top, two bottom). 

Remounting is kind of a pain just because you're working in a small space and the rack is relatively big, heavy, and awkward. Just take your time and go slow. 

52 minutes ago, IXFE said:

As I recall, It's held by THREE screws (one top, two bottom). 

Remounting is kind of a pain just because you're working in a small space and the rack is relatively big, heavy, and awkward. Just take your time and go slow. 

Thanks!  Little early on the west coast for you to be replying . . . . 

12 hours ago, DAI said:

Thanks!  Little early on the west coast for you to be replying . . . . 

That's cuz I wasn't on the west coast... 

I was in Cary, North Carolina!!

On a plane headed home now  

FBD71DA7-D6A4-487E-B704-5D2D48B9BE5B_zps

I have a 2007 23LSV with the stock stereo package level three.  It has the Sony head unit(which is starting to fail and I want to remove) , four tower speakers, in boats a sub and two amps.  Currently if the Fad is even, the in boats and tower/sub play evenly.  If I want to use the sub and towers 100% I fad to the rear.  I want to swap out the Sony head unit and put in the the WS or Exile in its place.  For now I don't want to rewire everything. 

Is is this feasible, all the proper wires should be to the back of the head unit.  

For mine, the head unit control was port side left of the steering wheel, and I had to run 4 rca lines and a power line to the starboard storage where the amp board are.  If you mount WS or Exile unit on the Starboard side, you won't have to run as much wire.  Both units could replace your failing head unit - with WS get the bluetooth version and Exile buy their BT unit and stream music directly to the line driver bypassing the head unit.

I have a question about the ZLD MKII (I did a search and cannot find an answer to this, maybe i just missed it). I installed the MKII and ran the RCA's from the RF Black Box, to the ZLD and then the 3 pair of RCA's back to the amps. However, when i use the Front/Rear from the Blackbox as the input source, i don't get any low tones (i.e., there is nothing for my sub to play). if i use the sub out from the blackbox, i get the opposite. Since the MKII only has one input, am i missing something? is there a setting somewhere in the HU to turn on the low tones? right now i have everything set to default.