Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First morning of vacation

braindamage

2 hours ago, braindamage said:

I'll describe where it is like a true Michigan-der:

holdbup left hand, looking at the back of the hand. Crystal lake is on the outside of the top pinky knuckle

And I am from Michigan and did not even think about doing that. :blush:  We did get some good ski runs in early this morning but the wind and some rain drops are in now. Hope the weather turns for you. 

Things are looking up. We are just enjoying  puzzles, cards and taking naps. There'll be time for more boating later this week.

i can't wait to try out my brother-in-law's regal session vdrive for surfing.

1 hour ago, braindamage said:

Where ya goin?

Okanagan lake for a few days, then Shuswap lake for 2 weeks! I can't wait. Only have a seadoo to play around with for now but its better than nothing. Nice turns by the way!

12 minutes ago, asp13 said:

Okanagan lake for a few days, then Shuswap lake for 2 weeks! I can't wait. Only have a seadoo to play around with for now but its better than nothing. Nice turns by the way!

Houseboat on the Shu?

Awesome! love me some northern Mi.  I'll be crushing Elk Lake this weekend... Maybe hit the big water and head over to the Manitou Islands..  

4 hours ago, powderjay said:

Awesome! love me some northern Mi.  I'll be crushing Elk Lake this weekend... Maybe hit the big water and head over to the Manitou Islands..  

We are thinking of going to elk Rapids tomorrow. Anything exciting to do?

ahopkins22LSV
10 hours ago, braindamage said:

Lots of calm water in the morning this week. I've been skiing every day so far.

Pics to prove it. Not my best cut but I'm getting old. The second is the part of the family that went with me to drive and spot.

479B1D66-C9C9-4CA9-BD34-65AA24E91AD4_zps

E14BC992-0F92-4F1A-B314-85FB6E3D05E2_zps

Someday I need to get out on crystal lake! Driven around it probably 100 times but I have never been on it.

8 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Someday I need to get out on crystal lake! Driven around it probably 100 times but I have never been on it.

Come on over!! We will be here till Saturday morning.

ahopkins22LSV
9 hours ago, braindamage said:

Come on over!! We will be here till Saturday morning.

I wish I could! It's four hours from my house and I have a customer visiting until Friday at noon :/

13 hours ago, braindamage said:

We are thinking of going to elk Rapids tomorrow. Anything exciting to do?

Nice little  town, lake Michigan beach, siren hall to eat, or riverwalk if you have the boat.   Couple antique shops.. not much more. 

Went to short's brewery in Bellaire. A definite must visit if anyone is around the traverse city area. We did a beer tasting tour yesterday and today and it was head and shoulders above the rest!!

13 hours ago, braindamage said:

Went to short's brewery in Bellaire. A definite must visit if anyone is around the traverse city area. We did a beer tasting tour yesterday and today and it was head and shoulders above the rest!!

You were about 25 minutes from me! Looks like we have a couple of awesome days today and tomorrow; hot, humid and calm.

• Like 1

Yeah today is our last day on crystal lake ? and the weather will be perfect ?????

Usually we stay 2 weeks but this year we decided to spend our second week in Sonoma valley wine tasting. 

On 7/20/2016 at 10:01 AM, braindamage said:

Lots of calm water in the morning this week. I've been skiing every day so far.

Pics to prove it. Not my best cut but I'm getting old. The second is the part of the family that went with me to drive and spot.

479B1D66-C9C9-4CA9-BD34-65AA24E91AD4_zps

That wake is FLAT back there where you just crossed it!  What speed is the boat doing on this run?  Are you on a full length line?

Thanks.

Gordon

Just now, gordon20mxz said:

That wake is FLAT back there where you just crossed it!  What speed is the boat doing on this run?  Are you on a full length line?

Thanks.

Gordon

Full line 34 mph. It puts me just behind the rooster.

love it!!