Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fuel filter location(s) for 2002 Monsoon 325 engine

I thought I'd find the inline fuel filter for the Monsoon 325 like my Merc. Nope. Ha, I did find some kind of inline distribution unit that has two outlets that lead to the fuel rails. This unit is mounted to the engine kinda near the transmission.

I'm sure it's been asked before, but I appreciate all help in finding the fuel filters for this baby. Cold idle can stall sometimes, so I would like to try changing the filter. It's a 2002 Sunsetter, and looking for the gas tank looked a little daunting too. Might like to clean the pick-up.

Thanks in advance,

Steve B.

You should find  the small low pressure fuel filter on the fuel line coming off the gas tank  and the larger canister filter next to the oil filter.  Getting to the fuel tank is more difficult. You might be able to access by removing the panel which is the forward wall of the rear trunk. But to see the fuel gauge sender and the pick up line you will probably end up removing the entire back sofa seat and trunk lid.

edit: this may not be helpful as my boat is a 99

Edited by Bozboat
Edit
  • Like 2

Inline fuel filter is at the tank.  Part number for Napa is 3033.  

Pretty sure the inline distribution module with two outlets is your fuel pump. 

Just pop the trunk, remove the forward panel and you'll see it - mine was towards port side (2002 XTi).  

According to my dealer, there were several different size filters used in 2002...my old 2002 XTi had the hammerhead so I bought both filters and then returned the one that didn't fit.

• 10 months later...

I know this is an old topic, but I'm having he same issue in my 2002 Response LX. I need to get at the fuel filter in the rear trunk, but I can't seem to figure out how to take the trunk apart in order to remove the trunk floor and get at it. Anybody still out there that can help point me in the right direction?  I have started by removing the screws in the floor underneath the rear bench, but I see the rear backrest is not moving.

Kelly