Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Right rear Tank Drain Pump Troubleshooting

2008 23 LSV with MUX panels.

Ended up with a bunch of water in  the boat ..... about 6 inches and drained. Went to use the right rear drain pump and nothing. Assumed it was the pump and put a new cartridge in while out on the lake.... still nothing. I was fortunate the new pump has 4 foot leads so i jumpered onto a 12V power and ground and drained the tank.

Troubleshooting questions. The leads for the pump go into the stringer and I don't know where they go.... first thought was there is a connection somewhere in the stringer and it got wet and shorted......questions

1) Is the there a fuse under the dash for the pump or where is the fuse located?

2) if I needed to run a new wire what terminals in the medallion until would I be looking for?

Any other trouble shooting ideas. I am going to check with a voltmeter tomorrow to confirm the new cartridge isn't a dud too.....I been stuck in those traps before....

Thanks in advance

G, the fuses for everything ballast or otherwise are under the drivers helm.     post-14628-0-65239300-1365305518_thumb.j  You should be able to trace the wires from the pump forward to the Medallion, but good luck trying to fish anything out. All of the wires on my '10 are run through the (for lack of a better description) frame encased in the plastic corrugated wire sheathing. I bet money you won't have to go any farther than the fuse, or where the pump wires connect to the wire run to the fuse box (about 1m from the pump) or the bad pump. If you do have to do a new run the Medallion is labeled accordingly. Good luck. Bill

Medallion fuse box.jpg

Edited by wdr

Any luck solving this?  Did you put a multimeter to the pump connector?  When activated, you should be reading something around 12V.  Is the reading low, or are you getting no power at all?  If you're getting a low reading, the fuse is probably fine and you have something else going on.  If there is no power, then the fuse might be a good place to check.  Did you try plugging the pump into one of the other pump connectors to make sure the pump works?